Let us know when you catch her Cap. Using a nanny sounds like a good idea.

Dark Deeds Discussed Below, Be Forewarned:

So I hung the cone yesterday behind the coop (it's a solid wall, the chickens can't see anything that's back there) and moved an old table next to it. Today I'll mount the hopper popper back there as well. No neighbors can see so no upset kids (or adults for that matter) to worry about. Got some bags of ice and put them in a cooler full of water. Re-honed the already scary sharp knife and processed all three roosters. It went better and easier (for me anyway) than I expected. The boys were pretty calm and never made a squawk, though the last one was getting kind of suspicious. I didn't pluck them, just skinned them to make it as easy for me as possible. I do have a drill mount plucker so I'll try that next time, have to get a scalding set up too though. They're all in the fridge for their 2 day wait time but I'm really curious about how they'll taste.

DP is in for having a small tractor for some cornish crosses and a couple folks close by do have roosters and so fertile eggs so we can hatch mixed breeds instead if everything goes to heck in a handbag and we can't get cornish cross.

Boots, all that is missing from your story is the intro.: In the dark of a moonless night......
I am pretty sure they will taste like chicken.
everything else does.
I heard that Cappy was considering buying a quarterhorse for rounding up goats..
So far today, I didn't kill any plants, and none got away..
.......jiminwisc.......

Boots, all that is missing from your story is the intro.: In the dark of a moonless night......
I am pretty sure they will taste like chicken.
everything else does.
I heard that Cappy was considering buying a quarterhorse for rounding up goats..
So far today, I didn't kill any plants, and none got away..
.......jiminwisc.......
I think a Border Collie would be better!

Let us know when you catch her Cap. Using a nanny sounds like a good idea.

Dark Deeds Discussed Below, Be Forewarned:

So I hung the cone yesterday behind the coop (it's a solid wall, the chickens can't see anything that's back there) and moved an old table next to it. Today I'll mount the hopper popper back there as well. No neighbors can see so no upset kids (or adults for that matter) to worry about. Got some bags of ice and put them in a cooler full of water. Re-honed the already scary sharp knife and processed all three roosters. It went better and easier (for me anyway) than I expected. The boys were pretty calm and never made a squawk, though the last one was getting kind of suspicious. I didn't pluck them, just skinned them to make it as easy for me as possible. I do have a drill mount plucker so I'll try that next time, have to get a scalding set up too though. They're all in the fridge for their 2 day wait time but I'm really curious about how they'll taste.

DP is in for having a small tractor for some cornish crosses and a couple folks close by do have roosters and so fertile eggs so we can hatch mixed breeds instead if everything goes to heck in a handbag and we can't get cornish cross.
Nothing like being organized and having the equipment you need.

Misty is the boss, also the oldest.
20200709_214740.jpg

This one is not sure it's safe to come in yet. She has 4 black boots!
20200709_215009.jpg

Cappy, I take it that you have caught the escape artist.
a border collie needs a lot of things to do.
otherwise they will invent things to do which can be considered to be annoying to humans.
I had one that loved to chew off the garden hoses at about six feet from the faucet.
unbeknown to me, he also chased cars.
.I never caught him out by the road. He was smart enough to be at the house when I came home..
....jiminwisc...

Back
Top Bottom