Hen Ducks back sore

17 chickens

Crazy Chicken Math
Jul 11, 2016
Chattaroy Washington
so I purchased 6 female adult ducks yesterday and noticed that one of the Hens has a huge raw patch when she holds her wings out after swimming in the duck pools, I did not notice the sores until I got home with them and had contacted the person who I bought them from. She has stated that she got up pretty bad from her two geese drakes that were trying to mate with her. I have never known of such thing as animals breeding outside their breeds, is this true? She has no open sores but no feathers and raw! What should I put on her? Any advice would be great on this and thanks for the help!

If the sores are healing?....Just leave her be...Yes...Other species will mount and breed each other...That's why Drakes should not be housed with Chickens also...Sorry the Ganders were hard on her but she will grow back all her feathers once she molts....

Agreed with the others only to add that if they look fleshy, irritated I would spray the areas down with veteracyn twice daily. Bet she's happy to be away from the ganders and your property!

Back
Top Bottom