HERE WE GO AGAIN Anyone SETTING Aug 30th - Sept 8th join me!!

Came home from work my eggs haven't done anything yet :( 2moro is hatch day the 21 days I've just got a bad feeling about this hatch :rolleyes: I think the doctours should invent a new tablet for us lot called the lockdown stress pill :D

Came home from work my eggs haven't done anything yet
sad.png
2moro is hatch day the 21 days I've just got a bad feeling about this hatch
roll.png
I think the doctours should invent a new tablet for us lot called the lockdown stress pill
big_smile.png
I so hear you. Been up all night, 5 pips so far out of 16 but not much progress since, officially day 19 now.

On top of this stress, we've had 5" of rain in the last hr.
th.gif
Basement/Den started flooding a little bit, low end of garage flooding & the building beside garage that we have the brooder in with (5) 3 week old chicks started flooding. Brooder is a big ole particle board box with no bottom. Built that way on purpose so the bottom wouldn't have to be cleaned. We lay down paper and shavings, easy to clean but it does sit on the concrete. So, because of the flooding , shavings SOAKED, sides started soaking up water. Thank goodness i have a piece of driftwood for the young' uns to climb on. They were all sitting on the wood.
Woke my husband up at 3:30 so he could help me carry it in the garage and relocated the chicks. UGH
barnie.gif
but all high & dry- whew.

Seriously need a xanax but having been up now for some 24+hrs. afraid it would put me down & I am expecting a call from PO in a few hrs.on the 9 starter pullets & cockerals expected today.

Think this has done one thing....I "think" I'm done with hatching & be mother hen to all these babies for a few months. I need to sit back relax and watch my flock grow!

I so hear you. Been up all night, 5 pips so far out of 16 but not much progress since, officially day 19 now.

th.gif
Basement/Den started flooding a little bit, low end of garage flooding & the building beside garage that we have the brooder in with (5) 3 week old chicks started flooding. Brooder is a big ole particle board box with no bottom. Built that way on purpose so the bottom wouldn't have to be cleaned. We lay down paper and shavings, easy to clean but it does sit on the concrete. So, because of the flooding , shavings SOAKED, sides started soaking up water. Thank goodness i have a piece of driftwood for the young' uns to climb on. They were all sitting on the wood.
Woke my husband up at 3:30 so he could help me carry it in the garage and relocated the chicks. UGH
barnie.gif

Seriously need a xanax but having been up now for some 24+hrs. afraid it would put me down & I am expecting a call from PO in a few hrs.on the 9 starter pullets & cockerals expected today.

Think this has done one thing....I "think" I'm done with hatching & be mother hen to all these babies for a few months. I need to sit back relax and watch my flock grow!

Said a prayer for you. Hope the rain stops and things settle back to normal. Stress on top of stress is not good. Hope you have a great hatch!

I just hate disappointment and Ive got the feeling that this hatch is going to end that way don't help the fact I'm inpatient also everything should happen yesterday in my eyes ;)

th.gif
barnie.gif

Looks like more rain is coming your way. I hope things don't get too bad for you. The one thing I have learned with each batch of eggs I hatch is that every one of them is different. I have gained so much experience with each one I do. I have dealt with wryneck, spraddle leg, hernias and pipping on the wrong end. I now know what to do and not do in each case.

I Know exacty how you feel.  Said I wasn't going to get anymore during the winter BUT yes me too been looking the last couple of days.  Figure if I find some right now, get shipped, should have just as these are finishing up hatching today through Wed.

P.S. did just take about an hour nap - 2 pips now, latest is one of 10 blk. australorps.
Plus - confirmations on 9 starter bantam cochins from two different breeders received today - should be here tomorrow.  So, if all goes well with hatchings, shipped starters & existing chickens in 24hrs I will have gone from 32 to 57 chickens in, once again, 3 MONTHS! All in the age ranges of a day old to none over 5 months old!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Thats chicken math for you.
So happy to have all the BYCers b/c my family is in shock... when i say i have 20 chickens but you all here know jUST what im talkin about.Not suprising at all.

I am hatching Araucana's this weekend. I just spoke with the woman I bought the eggs from because I was worried about the double tuft gene (it is fatal to chicks at day 18) and she told me that none of my chicks will have the double gene because all of her hens are clean faced. I originally only wanted RIR and Barred Rocks  for the eggs. As I started seeing the blue, green and dark brown eggs of other breeds of chickens  I thought it would be neat to have a few of them. I was looking at the Americauna and EE when I came across the Araucana and I just knew this was the breed I wanted. I started my search for eggs (they are expensive) and I was lucky enough to find a woman who lives 10 minutes from me that was selling them.

Great you could find someone close by...you have been getting lucky with getting eggs without needing shipping.

Back
Top Bottom