Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

highfive.gif
highfive.gif
fl.gif

psue, I'm right behind you. I set my toulouse eggs first thing on 3/1.... then the africans were set that evening. I just did a weight check on day 26. My toulouse eggs have lost just over 12% and they are rocking like they are turning, but not seeing a dramatic dip yet. My africans have lost just under 12%. I will give them an extensive mist/cool today and tomorrow to hopefully get that number up higher. They too are rocking, but not seeing dip yet.

Erin, your first two eggs are doing well at the halfway mark. I laid the one with bad air cell down yesterday as membrane has created a stable air bubble in it. Have not candled the other 2 for development yet, but will report when I do!

fl.gif

My 4 sebbie and 1 toulouse from Amy are still cruising along in happiness. I don't quite have a good enough light to see the detail some enjoy, but air cells are still enlarging and no signs of loss

Erins 1 survivng egg is also doing well, and hopefulling they will all arrive in a timely manor just before or on Eastor day.
fl.gif

Wow, I am behind you just by a few days on my latest eggs. I started them on 3/05, and seeing good movement. Amy's eggs are on their way to me. Guess what? She lives not too far from where I have land that I bought to retire on. She told me to drop by when I came out her way. She said good company was hard to come by out in the woods, and that is where my land is, out in the woods. It is so neat as I will already have a friend before I even move.

An update. One sebbie hatched and almost totally fluffy. It was an assisted hatch and so far so good! I have two more in the hatcher. I'm afraid one is dead because I can't see any movement. The other is internally pipped.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Four more go to hatcher Friday.
fl.gif

Wow, I am behind you just by a few days on my latest eggs. I started them on 3/05, and seeing good movement. Amy's eggs are on their way to me. Guess what? She lives not too far from where I have land that I bought to retire on. She told me to drop by when I came out her way. She said good company was hard to come by out in the woods, and that is where my land is, out in the woods. It is so neat as I will already have a friend before I even move.
highfive.gif
big_smile.png

An update. One sebbie hatched and almost totally fluffy. It was an assisted hatch and so far so good! I have two more in the hatcher. I'm afraid one is dead because I can't see any movement. The other is internally pipped.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Four more go to hatcher Friday.
fl.gif

fl.gif

Ok, 4 more Sebbies hatched and dried and out in the brooder house.

3 more Sebbie babies picked up today by their new owner.

2/29 eggs dipped 1/4 - 1/2" during the day today. 2 have internally pipped and the rest are very actively pushing.

Expecting American and buff Pom eggs to arrive tomorrow to be set.

Thought some of the Sebbies were slowing down, only to have them gear back up again.

stopped turning the 2/29 set, they wont stay any otherway LOL I really like when that happens it's the start to HATCHING!!!!!

USPS update...The baby buff poms are in Tampa FL as of 8:57 pm last night. They were supposed to be delivered by 3 pm yesterday. I'm really praying that the babies are still ok. I gave them a bunch of chopped greens and GroGel so hopefully they make it. They have been in the USPS system for 47 hours as of now. Has anyone else had this problem with shipping babies? Do you go get your money back for the shipping and insurance? I've never had problems like this before.

Kawonu... I take it Tampa wasn't their final destination? If I were the buyers I would have driven to pick them up. If they had grovel they should be ok. Our daytime temps right now are still mild. Since they were a live bird shipment and shipped express I would be visiting your PO and asking how to handle it. They didn't deliver on time.

I've already been to the PO this morning. Had two adult calls to pick up. They refunded my shipping. But...they couldnt' even tell me where they were at. The final destination is Dade City. The buyer is a kid...which makes it worse on my nerves. The PO said they scanned out of Tampa last night at 8:57 and they never got scanned in anywhere so they couldn't tell me where they were at. They said once they get scanned in I can make a claim to the insurance and get the $200 that I insured them for. This is the first year I have used grogel and it seems like a very good product. I need to find somewhere to get it in bulk cause I just ordered a single pack to try it.

I'm still praying the little ones are ok. I also have geese and guinea eggs coming in to me today and tomorrow and hope they are better than what I've dealt with this week so far. But the pair of calls that came in this morning are very happy to be out of the box and doing great already.

Back
Top Bottom