Heritage Turkey Hatchery...opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it would be a moot point to contact Ohio Poultry Association. BTW, PRP reads these posts, so I won't expand more than to say it may not be a moot point.
And let me add I am not saying there was fraudulent activity. I am only saying Neither the NPIP or the Ohio Poultry Assn had any knowledge or record of either "Heritage Turkey Hatchery" or "Plum Run Poultry" when I contacted these offices on Thursday, May 30, 2013. Thank you for your idea about the Att. General. If you are planning to escalate, you may also wish to consider www.ic3.gov/complaint/ (this one was recommended to me by the folks at paypal, who appeared to be sympathetic that the 45-day window had passed).
Okay, so now for some good news! I discovered another site, "strombergschickens.com" --haven't gotten my birds yet, but I expect them Wednesday (yes they gave me a ship date, and yes they were available by phone). Have some HTF birds, (on hand) too!
thumbsup.gif
wonderful! I, too, went to another site and am getting my goslings tomorrow. hmmm...and she told me that there isn't any reason why a window of delivery can't be given.

I also found an earlier email in my inbox last November from PRP where they stated they were following NPIP ...inferring that they were certified. I did place a complaint to IC3...thanks for that information.

Not sure it would be a moot point to contact Ohio Poultry Association. BTW, PRP reads these posts, so I won't expand more than to say it may not be a moot point.
And let me add I am not saying there was fraudulent activity. I am only saying Neither the NPIP or the Ohio Poultry Assn had any knowledge or record of either "Heritage Turkey Hatchery" or "Plum Run Poultry" when I contacted these offices on Thursday, May 30, 2013. Thank you for your idea about the Att. General. If you are planning to escalate, you may also wish to consider www.ic3.gov/complaint/ (this one was recommended to me by the folks at paypal, who appeared to be sympathetic that the 45-day window had passed).
Okay, so now for some good news! I discovered another site, "strombergschickens.com" --haven't gotten my birds yet, but I expect them Wednesday (yes they gave me a ship date, and yes they were available by phone). Have some HTF birds, (on hand) too!
thumbsup.gif
strombergs have been out of pilgrims for weeks. i tried to get some there about a month ago. are you sure. also i recieved npip papers with my order from plum run with my order.

Just to let you know, when I recieved my NPIP certification, I did it under my own name, not the farm. I believe they are NPIP and they send out certification with each order. ALSO, the website clearly states they don't know when they can fill each order. On my farm, my birds have moments; sometimes they give me a dozen a day, sometimes I get two. I can understand how difficult it would be, if they have a hundred orders to fill, how to possibly come up with a date. And the website also clearly states the laying dates for each type of poultry. If my turkeys lay starting early summer to fall, why would I pester someone about when they will arrive? Like they said, they hatch their own eggs, not order from someone who purchases from several farms for drop shipment. They are trying to preserve the best quality in their birds and ask a more than reasonable price for turkeys ( I shopped around). Most people raising already raising poultry have the supplies to put together a brooder in a matter of minutes. We always seem to have heat lamps, shavings or hay and little baby waterers and feeders. If you are new to poultry, then by all means, use a hatchery that can give exact dates so you can get all your ducks in a row, so to speak.
I'm glad my money bought me a place in line for (mostly) show quality stock at a great price!

hmmm...you forgot to add the next email threads where you told me you were going to take 25% + and I said never mind...fill my order. Again, you should not be in business.
Most people would not take kindly if you were in line at the grocery store and got out of line, then decided you want back in...

But this is a thread about people's experience with this hatchery, so thank you for sharing your experience.

Last edited:
My order was just cancelled from the hatchery on 6/12/13 and they are keeping the $50 cancel fee - He's cancelling because I emailed him 3 times during a 6 month period - asking if the order was going to ship or what? 6 months is a long time for him to take money and just sit on it. Why can't they say it's going to be 1 year or take the money when they ship. If they are in such demand then $ shouldn't be an issue...... I think that's pretty lousy.

I stand corrected - I sent 5 emails during a 6 month period and this is the response.. wouldn't they have noticed an improper order 6 months ago??? I guess that might be why they get excessive emails....

""your order has been cancelled for improper ordering...all females. and excessive emailing for ship dates. you will be refunded through paypal according to our terms and conditions stated on the order information page""

I'm sorry, but in no way is it ethical or legal to forcibly cancel someone's order for "improper ordering" or "excessive emailing" and then keep the cancellation fee... that can only be charged if the customer backs out of the contract of their own fault. Totally bogus, regardless of the quality of their birds.

Hope those wronged escalate to the authorities and/or demand a refund.

our website clearly states you have to order a 2/1 ratio of males to females on several pages. it also says that if you order all females your order will be cancelled. we can not have all males left over from a hatch. we do not destroy the left overs like most commercial hatcheries. we also state that we do not give ship dates. some people keep asking even though we explain we are first come first served. nobody is addressing the people who placed correct orders, and paid before the people who are complaining. if you read the website and dont agree then you do not have to place an order, and then make demands to us. simply order from another website. dont agree to the terms and conditions and then complain that we will not change our policies because you placed an incorrect order.

people need to follow the rules...not break them and then complain

also 4 of the 8 emails were before ducks start laying (in the winter). why doesnt anybody know that ducks dont lay in winter, and why we cant ship ducklings in winter when its freezing.

Last edited:
Sorry Plum, you're in the wrong here. Did you in fact keep the deposit? If so, that's theft and you should rightfully be reported.

Also, can you fault the guy for sending e-mails after taking his money and then giving NO contact for an entire six months? Your argument is pretty weak, and it seems fairly apparent that you only created an account here just to harass poor Kred. If it were me instead of him, I'd have reported you to the BBB long before now. Your business practices are shady at best, and I have never, EVER seen a hatchery go out of its way to ensure a bad customer experience like you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom