He's Out! Mubarak is OUT!

Quote:
Because the entire world is connected. What "plucks the strands" anywhere in the world will vibrate the entire web. Think not? Here's one, Policies in China years ago caused individuals to chose boy babies over girl babies-----now we have over 25 million chinese males without mates, what do you think that will cause? There are more straight "A" English students in India, then there are students in the USA, what do you think will happen because of that?

Quote:
I would disagree with that...They are focused, thanks to new technology. They want the freedom to be who they want to be. I'm sure there are many of them who get really tired of pulling out the prayer rug, five times a day, and praying to Mecca, and listening to the same boring cry, from the minaret, along with all the other heavy handed regulations, tied to the predominant religion.

The only way that societies, like that, can continue, is under the heavy hand of tyranny and brainwashing.....Look at North Korea/South Korea. I can guarantee you, there's no internet, cellphones, Ipads etc. on the street, in NK. If it were possible to inject that technology, instantly, into that society, within a year, that tyrannical government would be destroyed, from within.

The irony of it all, is that our government, now wants control of internet content.....Hmmmmmmm....Pretty scary, for someone who, supposedly, believes in freedom.

It should have been carried out in a more responsible way. The way they did it left many opportunities for failure and bad reprucussions. Im sure the common egyptian people will feel these reprucussions for quite awhile. Think about the mothers with children who couldn't get food because of the complete anarchy in the streets. What about the people who got shot by looters and thugs? ...real democracy takes time and lots of work. Its not just a switch you can flip. I hope they are willing to follow through now and take it all the way. We will see how that works out in the following months. They were VERY lucky to have a good military to back them up after Mubarak stepped down....Other countries are doing the same thing now and many do NOT have a nice military to back them up and keep everything peaceful and stop dictators and terrorists from stepping in.

You mean like set up a dozen meaningless bureaucracies, like the ones we have here, in the states, which prevent us from drilling for oil or developing nuclear energy? Trust me. Our government would have never been formed, if your attitude had prevailed, back then.

Besides, I'm sure the street has been discussing the daily failure of the tyrannical government for 30 years, now....At what point, do you get up and actually put the hand to the plow or the sword?

Quote:
Amen,

their next step is to destroy Israel.

Truly sad.

"Caliphat": folks who live in some neighborhoods of Oakland that think they are all that....

After having Israel routinely kick butt in every war they've been in? I doubt it - plus, they know that the CIA would be ALL OVER them if it happened. Not to mention, you're forgetting the recent incident where Muslims went to Christian churches and essentially used themselves as human shields. After that display, an Egyptian attempt at jihad or an unprovoked attack on Israel seems highly questionable. Extremists groups will still do their killing, but I don't think Egypt as a nation or people will attempt a war on Israel. I might be wrong, but I feel confident that future events will prove me right.

Best I can tell, at least in Egypt the extremists no longer have a stranglehold on the population's ideology. We just saw that without the consent of the people, the government can do nothing - it will wither and die, like a parasite that falls off its host. Which is actually a really accurate analogy.

Quote:
Because a dictator has been ousted and there's actual potential for progress - FINALLY. Is there something wrong with being supportive of the first promising attempt at actual freedom in the MidEast in ages? I, for one, care about what happens to the people in Egypt. They're not just numbers, you know. They actually exist. Of course, it's none of our government's business to interfere, if that's what you mean. They'd only screw it up anyway and install a NEW dictator to serve their interests, as usual.

Anyone else think it's time to peacefully withdraw OUR consent? It's a big parasite, certainly, but it still needs our consent to survive. The Egyptians just won a revolution without firing a shot - all they had to do was collectively say "GET THE **** OUT, Mubarak!" and not back down. It worked.

the muslim brotherhood won the revolution and the domino effect will probably be jordan, syria, and saudi arabia. this is not a democracy but a riot to install a theocracy like iran has. can you say caliphate?

A country of millions of people had a revolution and won without firing a shot. That alone tells alot about the people of Egypt.

I wish them luck

This had nothing to do with the muslim 'botherhood', just because you want it to, and want to forecast some sort of gloom and doom for the entire region, doesn't make it true.

It just isn't like all these countries are the same, they are more different than they are the same, and the muslim brotherhood is also changing.

Those dip**** ran out into the street and pretended they had something to do with it, but no one was fooled.

What will happen next, no one knows. But this is a chance for a better life, and chances for a better life are good.

I can assure you, if the USA press saw any indication the muslim brotherhood was behind this, they'd be screaming it out, because that's the kind of thing a certain sort of person wants to hear and eats up.

I think the muslim 'botherhood' is going to break up into factions, and there will be a moderate faction that is not too terribly unreasonable, and then there will be an even smaller extremist faction.

A 'reasonable' muslim faction might not want to liberalize divorce or marriage laws, say, or they might not want to see abortion legalized, or things like that - pretty much like the similar groups in the USA want. They might want to leave on the books, the laws that require other religions to apply for permits for church construction.

A centrist response might be to leave that construction law on the books, but make getting that permit so easy that it's merely paperwork.

In Egypt. Other places, I can't say. People need to try and realize, that each of these countries are unique.

And, the country's government can't do much about some things, such as economic and unemployment. THey can pave the way, but change to unemployment, economy, the government can't do much about that other than set up programs that encourage investment and enterpreneurship.

And of course, they can keep so much money from going into the president's pocket, too. Mubarak isn't worth millions, he's worth billions. Where do you suppose that came from?

Last edited:
iran: muslims riot in the streets, leader who is friendly with u.s. taken out, replaced with muslim theocracy, hatred of america grows, they are building nuclear weapons=weak american leader carter
iraq: muslims killed in the streets, leader who is unfriendly to u.s. tried and hung, replaced with elections and protected by the u.s. military, respect of america grows=strong american leader bush
egypt: muslims riot in the streets, leader who is friendly with u.s. taken out, replaced with muslim theocracy?, hatred of israel and america grows?, war?=weak american leader obama

Back
Top Bottom