High Desert, California!!

I don't think I'd call them bad dogs since they have never been in that position before. But. yep, I'm researching how to do that. There will be no free ranging due to the dogs but they will have access to their run. I just hope the dogs get used to them so they aren't constantly bothering them.

Glad I found this thread. I am so sad. I raised 5 day old chicks and today we finished the coop. They could have gone in tomorrow, safe and sound. My dogs got to them in the garage and killed all but one. She is lonely and I'm not sure how to replace a flock for her. She is 5 weeks old. I live in Acton and so, am wondering if anyone knows where I could find two or three chicks about the same age to replace the babies we lost.
You could try Odyssey Ranch in Lancaster http://www.odysseyranch.com/Poultry.html

Hey Bottoms Up!
We ended up getting new chicks and, as we speak, they are four weeks old and spending days in the run with our now nine week old. There's been some pecking but no blood so I'm hoping they are acclamating. Thanks much, neighbor :)

So glad to hear that! Glad there wasn't any blood either LOL. I have one little Frizzle hen that royally got pecked on, very deep wound just above her tail. After a week of glopping on the meds she's finally healed and all seems to have settled down.
yesss.gif
Good luck and have fun with your girls.

Hi I'm in the high desert area in apple valley and I'm brand new to byc I'm looking for some pullets and I'm at a loss as to where I can find some. I'm looking for silkies,orpintons, Australorps or any hearty laid back good laying breeds. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom