High Desert, California!!

Ducks are soo cute and they have soo much personality! Now that I have my girls I highly doubt I will ever be without ducks again lol.
I will have to give chickens a chance... eventually. My friend and I agreed to pet sit for a family friends farm and when we went to feed the chickens they all Literally stopped chirping and just STARED at us. We were so freaked out that we both decided if we were going to be mauled by chickens we'd go down together. They didn't attack us but they wouldn't move and kept staring until we went inside their coop, put down the food, and left. Once we latched the gate they swarmed over the feed like a pack of wolves! It took like two minutes and all of the food was gone!
hide.gif
neither of us have been near chickens since! The owner laughed and said we were lucky they didn't mistake us for the food! We didn't go into their coop again...

Don't forget…little dinosaurs...

Hey everyone,

If you get up to Mammoth now and then and are looking for some new chickens, I'm located right where the 395 meets the 14. Pick them up on your way home! Currently I have the following available:

• Olive Egger (OE) chicks 3 weeks old $8/each straight run. (10 available)
  • Wellsummer/Black Copper Marans cross dark egg layer pullets, 10 weeks, $15/each (4 available)
  • Welsummer/Black Copper Marans cockerels, will be very handsome and perfect for OE project if you have blue egg laying Ameraucanas, 10 weeks, $10/each (2 available).
  • Pure bred blue Ameraucana/cockerel, non-standard coloring from Splash/White Am breeding, 10 weeks, $10/each (2 available).
  • OE pullets $20/each and OE roosters $15/each. 7 weeks old. Very handsome, black with white hackle feathers; some as yet all black.

An OE cockerel:

PM me if interested.
~Elaine

Hi Elaine, just wanted to say "hi" to someone in InyoKern - I used to live in the Mammoth area and have a strong recollection of that freeway intersection ("are we there yet?").
Hope you found some good options for your birds. They must be pretty sturdy to get along in that environment?!

Hi Elaine, just wanted to say "hi" to someone in InyoKern - I used to live in the Mammoth area and have a strong recollection of that freeway intersection ("are we there yet?").
Hope you found some good options for your birds. They must be pretty sturdy to get along in that environment?!
Hi! Yes so far all the breeds I've fallen in love with do well here; including Marans, Ameraucanas, and Naked Necks. I also have Faverolles, Leghorns, and Sebrights growing out.

I've had a lot of interest in the Olive Eggers but so far no one has managed to drive up to buy them yet. Hopefully I will be able to sell some soon as I am hoping to at least cover feed costs with my efforts. Out of 77 chickens I only have 6 currently laying! Aaagh.

Hi! Yes so far all the breeds I've fallen in love with do well here; including Marans, Ameraucanas, and Naked Necks. I also have Faverolles, Leghorns, and Sebrights growing out.

I've had a lot of interest in the Olive Eggers but so far no one has managed to drive up to buy them yet. Hopefully I will be able to sell some soon as I am hoping to at least cover feed costs with my efforts. Out of 77 chickens I only have 6 currently laying! Aaagh.

due to heat or age?

The Molted Houdan chicks hatched out Sunday 6th of September 2015 and just look at the feather growth ..
wee.gif

4 days old and I am so proud of the health of these chicks and how much feeding them scrambled eggs really effects the feathering ...
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

The Easter Egger chick only hatched out Tuesday the 8th of September 2015 and it is up and running but not quit as strong as the Molted Houdan chicks yet ....
smile.png

gander007
old.gif

The Molted Houdan chicks hatched out Sunday 6th of September 2015 and just look at the feather growth ..
wee.gif

4 days old and I am so proud of the health of these chicks and how much feeding them scrambled eggs really effects the feathering ...
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

The Easter Egger chick only hatched out Tuesday the 8th of September 2015 and it is up and running but not quit as strong as the Molted Houdan chicks yet ....
smile.png

gander007
old.gif

Very Cute chicks! Do you have pictures of the Houdan parents as well?

Back
Top Bottom