Holderread Vs. Metzer

NamahKatana

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
Oregon
I was looking for a Runner breeder that was closer to me as my mom doesn't like the idea of shipping ducklings(i know its done all the time with out any dieing but thats just her) and I found that Holderread isn't too far from me! I love their runners too. I'v heard alot of good things about them. What's your experiance with them? I want just a pet quality but one that stands pretty upright. I couldn't find any pics of their pet quality ones any of you have any? I'm trying to decide weather to go with Holderread or Metzer. With Metzer the ducklings would have to be shipped but with Holderread we could go pick them up and save the cost of shipping(spending only the money for the ducklings instead of having to pay Metzers $35 minimum order fee plus the heat pack fee(we only want 2 ducklings). Although Holderread only does straight run and we only want a male and female which we could get specificaly at Metzer.

Perhaps it would not make any difference to Holderreads, but could you ask them about making sure you have one female and one male since you are driving to the place to pick them up? They can only say no at worst.
Customer service here.... in case Holderread employees are reading!
smile.png

Perhaps it would not make any difference to Holderreads, but could you ask them about making sure you have one female and one male since you are driving to the place to pick them up? They can only say no at worst.
Customer service here.... in case Holderread employees are reading!
smile.png

That is true. I think I will call them some time and ask. I'm doing planning now cause I wont be getting them till we move which is late march early april

I ask Holderreads last year if I could get 1 of each last year and I would pay extra for them and they promptly told me no. I ordered 10 runners anyway and they sent me 11. Out of the 11 I only got 3 males which I was very happy with. I ordered 2 runners from Metzers and I have to say Holderreads runners stand more upright and have a slimmer body.

hatchery are usually lower quality genes but still make good pets, holderreads are all breed at the standard of perfection and he breeds show champions for show so any of there birds are of the highest quality

I ask Holderreads last year if I could get 1 of each last year and I would pay extra for them and they promptly told me no. I ordered 10 runners anyway and they sent me 11. Out of the 11 I only got 3 males which I was very happy with. I ordered 2 runners from Metzers and I have to say Holderreads runners stand more upright and have a slimmer body.

That really sucks =/ I think I'll go with Metzer as I really only want a boy and a girl.

Ok well I talke to my mom and we've actually decided to go with holderread. we like their ducks ALOT better and we're going to get 4 or 5 and hope we get a boy and a girl and get rid of the others.

Holderread is famous for his Runners. He is a Master Breeder of white runners. If you care what the ducks look like, buy from Holderread.

He is lovely to talk to. I've picked up geese at his house. There is so much less stress (on me) when the birds are picked up. It was worth the drive to me to know my birds were not at the mercy of the post office.

Holderread does sell sexed adult birds. They are considerable more expensive, but that is an option if you just want pairs.

Back
Top Bottom