Holderread's Ducks arrived today!!! - OF COURSE THERE ARE PICS

ThreeBoysChicks

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Thurmont, MD
Received my email last night that they had shipped. Received call from Post Office this morning that they were there. From the west coast to the east coast in less than 24 hours. Awesome.

I love the hand written note inside the box.
20100512DucksArrival_3-w.jpg

As they arrived
20100512DucksArrival_1-w.jpg

5 Welsh Harlequin
20100512DucksWelshHarlequin_1-w.jpg

5 + 1 Extra Assorted Runners
20100512DucksRunner_2-w.jpg

Very healthy, happy and getting used to their brooder right now.

love.gif

Looks like the sex ratio worked out in your favor with the Harlequins! I think I see three girls and two boys?

And the Runners are to die for! I'm going to hazard a guess on the colors - 2 black, 2 blue, a buff (or maybe Fawn & White?), and an emery penciled?
hu.gif

Congrats! The Deluxe Runner Assortment was my alternate choice (although I'm very happy with my Hookbills and Stanbridge Whites)!
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am keep these to breed for next year.

I definately think I have 2 pair of Harlequins. So if I have an extra boy or girl, I am happy.

As for the runners, I think you are correct 2 Black, 2 Blue, 1 Pencil. The other I am thinking is either white or fawn/white.

I love baby ducks and am really happy to have Holderread birds.

Quote:

This is a 100 gallon stock tank that I use for the first couple of weeks. I have it on a slant so any water they spill flows to one end and is easier to keep clean. They are on a while feed sack that will be replaced with shavings tomorrow or the next day. I change their water several times a day, but if you have ducks, you know they are fast at making their water a mess.

20100512_DucksBrooder.jpg

20100512_DucksBrooder3.jpg

20100512_DucksBrooder2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom