Home From Farmers Market - Second Trip :O)

Thanks spotted... it took alot for me to hold my tongue... I will tell you!!! But had to be polite... needed that money!!!
big_smile.png

Here's another one for you. A lady was worried about how much corn I was feeding the chickens thought that corn damaged the eggs... she did not illaberate... I was dumbfounded on that one... but answered her question... I feed scratch corn in the morning and in the evening.... more now that it is winter. oh goodness.... the look on her face... but she did end up buying a dozen.
roll.png

Last one for tonight.... You let yours free range??? Then what do you feed them? The poor things have nothing to eat.... ummm I feed them dirt!

I will add a few more tomorrow just tired now... check back.

Good nite all

You never know what they would saw, let them have the answer they want, take thier money and wish them a nice day.

Growing up my grandmother had leghorns and RIR's. She had a lady that drove out to the country to get her ROOSTER eggs, because they were better than hen eggs that the store sold. Grandma tried to explain to her, but she was persistant, so grandma sold her the rooster(brown) eggs every week, grandma said there was no use arguing with the lady.
lau.gif

Hahaha. That's priceless! I love the stories.

My most common runs like this
Ladies who come to buy eggs: "Don't you need a rooster to lay eggs?"
Me: "Do YOU?"

Men who buy eggs "Ya must have a good roo to get all these eggs. heh heh heh"
Me "Females don't NEED a roo for anything. But they make good pets."

"She had a lady that drove out to the country to get her ROOSTER eggs, because they were better than hen eggs that the store sold. "

Holy cow!!! That is really scary................hope she isn't in my gene pool!!

Last edited:
When one of my co-workers brings up my chickens, this one particular lady always ask “Are you SURE you don’t need a rooster to get eggs?” Well, I have eggs, don’t I? and I know I don’t have a rooster!! And you are so not going to believe this one – Another co-worker buys store bought eggs and she told me she ALWAYS cracks the egg in a bowl first to make sure there is nothing alive in it! Can you believe THAT? I just didn’t know what to say…

Why does everyone think they need a rooster for eggs? Seriously though, where do people get this crazy idea?

Back
Top Bottom