hoop house type pen--what does your roost/nest space look like?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by haTHOR, Jul 18, 2010.

1. haTHOR

haTHOR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Near Asheville, NC
    so i am about to build my third coop, and this time we have grown out of the available fenced in area. i would like to build a larger ark-type (mobile) coop/run and the hoop style seems smartest since it is pretty lightweight and inexpensive.

most i have seen in my reading about them have no emphasis on a secure coop. we have many predators (raccoons and foxes for sure) and the actual housing inside for nighttime must be predator proof. i cannot electrify anything ( i live in a tourist attraction) and it has to look pretty nice.

anyone have pics or links that show secure housing in a hoop type run? to clarify, i need the coop inside the hoop structure to be moveable WITH the structure. this will be a breeding pen for about ten birds (LF), likely two roosters and 8-10 hens.

thank you!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. haTHOR

haTHOR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Near Asheville, NC
    anyone?

3. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    What does a PVC hoop type run look like? I've seen it on messages here but I've never seen a picture or anything. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by