Horseback Riders?

Just found this thread. My husband and I got our first horses 8 years ago. And last week we had our first foal. We have 2 geldings and a mare and now a filly. All Missouri Foxtrotters. Here's a photo of our new baby:

90869_belle.jpg

Quote:
OMG Peppi was beautiful!!! What a loss that was
sad.png
Though I imagine losing any of them would be a great loss.
I, to, would in interested in her story.

WOW!! what a horse that you lost GOSH she was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
droolin.gif
What a sad story of Peppi!! I dont like people that do that kind of stuff like that to animals
rant.gif
!! Whoever did that to the animal should have that done to them that is what i think.... i am a animal LOVER
love.gif
as you can tell i hope!! i would never do that to a horse!! I love
love.gif
them WAY to much to do that to one!

I have horses and used to ride professionally but now just chill. We have a mish-mash of breeds that includes Arabs, Thoroughbred, Andalusians and one Percheron--I'm in the process of selling my warmbloods off. My professional time was with Friesians, Andalusians and few Lipizzans. I have had horses my whole life and now I am starting to dwindle my herds down and focus more on chickens.
smile.png

they are very fun. We are a bit in mourning though, as my moms 24 yr old TB passed away last week. I would literally trust that horse with my life- he was that calm and trustworthy and kind.

My scedule is full, especially with all the riding.

The ones not being ridden (Fred, Nifty, Puzzle, Silver) are in full time turnout ( big fields, big sheds lol)

Ankhe Pass is in full board and training at another barn, so not much work there.

Sprite and Footloose are in full board at another barn where I go every day to ride them. On days I cant go Sprite is ridden by a proffesional who competes her. eryone els

Google has a stall at my house and I ride him here. Such a sweetie- I would love to know more of his history- he is a New Holland rescue and was sooo head shy when I first got him. He is getting better but is scared of men, new people and just generally loud and quick movements.

P.S- LOVE everyone else's horses- I am seeing some very nice ones!

Between my father and I, we have 9 horses, 1 pony, and 2 mini mules. One is a halflinger. the clown of the bunch. We also have a belgian/halflinger cross. he's our draft guy. great puller. Showed when younger, loved barrels, but now just trail ride. Personally, I have 1 36-year-old palomino mare, and 2 paints mother and son. Had the son, Ringo, since he was born. trained him myself. best relationship with a horse I've ever had and I've been around horses my whole life. Ringo will pick up my hat off the ground and hand it to me. He will also ring a bell and wave a flag. He's very smart too. knows the square root of 16, and can add up to 10. He counts by pawing.

Eatin'Dirt :

Quote:
HOLY COW!!!! Gooood looking horses!!! I love those!!

Thanks! they are more like puppies than horses. I love letting people walk out into the pasture to "see" the horses and I'll shake the feed bucket and these 2 come running up and it sounds like thunder. Only a few people stuck around long enough to actually pet them most of the time the ppl are runnin faddier than the horses! Ahhh that's my favorite thing about them;)

My son is the rider here. He is 9 and started just before his birthday this year. He loves everything about it. He loves cleaning the barn and grooming the horses. He loves showing and trail riding. His favorite at the farm where he rides is a little dun pony but in the last show he rode the halflinger for the first time and took reserve champion in the beginner walk/trot division. There was no living with his ego the rest of that day!
IMG_3261.jpg

Back
Top Bottom