how do these look for Maran egg color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Living Farm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Florida
I have a white leghorn and a JG egg in the middle. the dark eggs are from BCM and the light dark eggs are from my Blus Maran's

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

I just know I don't sell that light of eggs from my Marans or hatch any birds from them. Too many sellers have tho which is why there are so many birds laying eggs that aren't as dark as they're supposed to be.

It is the light. The eggs for the BCM are at or near a 5 right now with the chart I have. These are also pullet eggs. They started about a week or so ago laying. As for the Blue Maran's they are not normally as dark as Black Copper Maran eggs. They are about a 4 now with the chart.

It is VERY easy to see that the true color of the eggs were washed out by the flash. As a previous poster mentioned they are easily 4's or better. If you enjoy your birds and are having fun filling your basket with colored eggs, then more power to you. Whenever someone innocently posts pics of eggs or birds that are "less than perfect", it always seems to turn into a "my eggs are better than your eggs" kind of thing.

The best way to take a picture of Marans eggs is outside without a flash. The flash tends to wash out the color of the eggs.
Don't worry what one or two people say about your eggs. Even if they lay less then a 4 they are still a Marans chicken. They do not become a different breed no more what other people say.
Katy do you have a picture of your eggs as an example?
Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom