How do you call your chickens

My girls get called in waves
lol.png

The older girls respond to "Biggie Girls" and the youngest group comes to "Babies"

I have collectively called them those name since the brooder and several come when I call their names.

I don't NEED to call them, my back door calls them for me.
However, If I want to watch them run REALLY fast and watch little girl fly, I call,''CHICKENS! HERE CHICK- CHICK CHICKENS!''

When I call to mine, I say something along the lines of, "bwoq bwoq bWOQ bwaqbwaqbwaqbwaqbwaq BWAAAAAAAAAAAAQ BGWAQ BWAQ!!!" They always talk back to me, LOL!
lol.png

I think my Husband thinks I'm a nutcake, though!
lau.gif

Last edited:
lau.gif
ok... laugh if you will...
this is kinda embarrassing anyways...
To get them back into the coop-- all I have to say is "C'mon Girls-- back in the house! and in they go...

But when I go out 1st thing to let them out, or give treats, or feed....
It's "Where's Momma's Girls/Boys/Babies? My Pretty pretties???" And they FREAK! Running, flapping-- fighting over shoulder space......
gig.gif

Last edited:
Well, I normally don't have to call mine. The sliding glass door does it for me, BUT, if they're out of earshot, I just say (in a sing-song voice)
"come-on girls", and they come runnin'. Dorothy Dominique is hilarious the way she runs, though.
I trained mine to come to mini animal crackers, so they always come running. Comes in handy when you forget to close the gate and you have to go to work;)
tongue2.gif
I just throw a handful in their run, and in they go-------

Jen

1 each :barred rock, lt brahma, black cochin, black australorp, silver and golden laced wyandotte, nh red, buff orp, barnevelder, welsumer, dominique, speckled sussex.
2 cats: 18 yr old himmie, 13 yr old tuxedo
1 wonderful supportive hubby, 1 son

"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations."
From the Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

my girls love grapes.. yes the fruit so I simply yell over and over.. grape grape grape grape grape grape.. and they come running!!!!!

I call my chickens by singing this catching little tune:

CHICKEN LITTLES, CHICKEN LITTLES, MY CHICKEN LITTLES!! HEY CHICKEN BUTTS. CHICKEN LITTLES, CHICKEN LITTLES, MY CHICKEN LITTLES!

Then I make this sound grandma used to make by sticking you tongue to the roof of your mouth that kinda sounds like a chicken
smile.png

I love my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom