How Do You Conserve Food In The Feeders

Robo

Songster
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Knoxville,TN
I need to know the best way to make feed last a long time. I was putting a new door on the cage today, and stepped on a nail. I can't walk too good. I need to be able to make the feed las as long as possible so I don't have to limp out there as much. Plus I need to save some money on the feed bill. Those little things spill so much food I could stand by the cage and catch it as it falls.

Use The Chick Feeder Strips... The Ones With The Lil Oval Holes In The Top For The Bird To Reach Thru And Eat? Those Are About As Good As Anything For Preventing Food Loss

I use them in my grower pen, but I haven't tried them out in my breeder. I think I'll limp out there and give it a try.

i used a rain gutter and put it neck high in my chicken coop and i used pellet food and i maintain it once a day by fill it once a day when i lock them up at night.

Quote:
SOUNDS GREAT FOR CHICKENS... BUT FOR QUAIL? EH NOT SO MUCH... ONCE THEY FINISHED GETTING INTO THE GUTTER AND KICKING OUT WHATEVER FEED THEY DIDNT EAT THEY WOULD PROBABLY USE IT FOR A SPOT TO POO AND LAY EGGS...
smile.png

My young ones have a chick feeder. They don't try to scratch anything out of it. However, they have bedding to scratch around in.

My older ones, well, the spoiled things have a frisbee for a feeder. They scratch their food about with great abandon. They are going to lose their food frisbee soon & get a chick feeder again.

Back
Top Bottom