How do you keep your flock cool?

KLIL

Enabler
5 Years
Jul 4, 2018
Queensland, Australia
Hi everyone,

We are just about to hit Summer here and it is already starting to get extremely hot during the days.

I feel that Summer is going to be a really hot one.

Just wanted to start getting prepared for it.

How do you keep your flock cool in the warmer seasons?

I just provide shade, and it is sufficient for my area/climate. I know peeps that live in hotter zones, use misters. I purchased a mister for backyard use. Kids just :love playing under it when temps get high. Very little water usage, and the air temps under them are lowered significantly.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

BIG(9x14x2") ice chunks last all day under the shade cloths.

upload_2018-9-23_17-40-18.png

Make room in your freezer:
upload_2018-9-23_17-40-43.png

Summer?!? It’s fall here.... getting into the 40’s at night and only into the 80’s during the day. Those are all great suggestions. Plenty of water, shade and a nice breeze.
Yep! She’s in Australia so it’s opposite of the weather over here. Although I’m still receiving 90+ degree weather during the day...

Thats a great idea.
Found it on BYC!
Someone was using cake pans and I just used the bin(less chances of spilling on the way to fridge).
It works better than everything else I've tried in 5 years.
I also give a dose of Sav-A-Chick electrolytes/vitamins every few days if I see they are really struggling(always provide plain water too at same time).

Found it on BYC!
Someone was using cake pans and I just used the bin(less chances of spilling on the way to fridge).
It works better than everything else I've tried in 5 years.
I also give a dose of Sav-A-Chick electrolytes/vitamins every few days if I see they are really struggling(always provide plain water too at same time).
Wonderful Aart! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Back
Top Bottom