How do you like cooking your eggs?

How do you like cooking your eggs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
I do mine at very low temp in a pot on the stove. You'll know its done when all that is left are the cracklins' (don't toss those- sprinkle with salt & enjoy those crunchy morsels of carb-free goodness). You can also do in a crock-pot again low & slow. I store in jars in my freezer. I have chicken (schmaltz), pork (lard) & beef (tallow). All separate jars of course.
Hmmm I can't wait to do it for my family.

Is chicken the same way?

WHAT? Only 3 choices? :barnie

These days I think I eat most of my eggs boiled because its quick, easy & you don't have to mess with bread, butter, cheese, vegi's, condiments, etc...

If I have more time I like them fried over easy & mixed into country fried potatoes, scrambled with cheese, grilled in an egg sandwich, vegi frittata, quiche, double stuffed, egg salad, crumbled over biscuits & gravy, omelets (tho I don't have the talent for making them that way) ...

I've never had them poached or benedict, but if someone wants to make me some I'd be willing to try.

I guess anyway but raw would be good with me. I would eat them in a box, I would eat them with a fox, I would eat them here or there, I would eat them anywhere. Jeeze, I'm starving now. :drool

These days I think I eat most of my eggs boiled because its quick, easy & you don't have to mess with bread, butter, cheese, vegi's, condiments, etc...

If I have more time I like them fried over easy & mixed into country fried potatoes, scrambled with cheese, grilled in an egg sandwich, vegi frittata, quiche, double stuffed, egg salad, crumbled over biscuits & gravy, omelets (tho I don't have the talent for making them that way) ...

I've never had them poached or benedict, but if someone wants to make me some I'd be willing to try.

I guess anyway but raw would be good with me. I would eat them in a box, I would eat them with a fox, I would eat them here or there, I would eat them anywhere. Jeeze, I'm starving now. :drool
Love the Theodor Geisel spoof!

I do like green eggs & ham. I make green eggs with spinach & chuckle while I'm eating them. Makes a fun meal:D

How do I render it down?

I'd love to learn for when I butcher some ducks.
couple of ways but the same way as you do lard... Cut it up small and throw it in a crocpot on low...

Some people put it in a sauce pan and cook it till the water goes away and the fat is float ing on top.

But you have to be carefull that All the water is gone...

deb

My favorite way to use eggs so far (kind of an obsession my stomach developed) is to stick an everything bagel in the toaster on medium, fry up an egg with lots of butter in the pan, grab some shredded cheddar cheese, throw the cheese on the bottom half of bagel when it pops out the toaster, when egg is done slap the egg on top of the cheese/bottom bagel (it melts the cheese onto the bottom half of the bagel + egg), add salt/pepper to the egg, put the top half of the bagel on it all, and cram it all into my mouth as fast as possible :D.

Back
Top Bottom