cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
How far would you go to save a chicken? Would you risk yourself in anyway?
I'm just wondering.

This can go for other animals, too.
- Clucky

P.S. > it would be great if you could share what you would do and if you have any real life experiences!!! Thanks!

I'm talking about maybe risking your life for a animal. Maybe your chicken was in the road and about to get hit? Would you rescue it?
Would I run ou in the middle of the road while cars were blasting by? Not just no, but hell no! Would I try to stop traffic then go fetch my chicken. Yes, I would do this. Of course this would apply to normal city and country roads, I would never attempt this on a highway.

How far would you go to save a chicken? Would you risk yourself in anyway?
I'm just wondering.

This can go for other animals, too.
- Clucky

P.S. > it would be great if you could share what you would do and if you have any real life experiences!!! Thanks!
No way I would intentionally risk my life to save a chicken.

But...when the county tried to burn us out I stayed and fought the fire thus saving not only the chickens but also the turkeys, guineas and my house.

I use wildlife preserving hard rubber 12 gauge shotgun loads. I love the wildlife, too, even bears. No more close encounters with rocks.

Most wildlife pose no danger to humans. The exception is wildlife with active symptoms of rabies. No, they won't be frothing at the mouth, necessarily.

A few months ago we had a teenager on this forum that encountered a skunk killing their chickens. The skunk was unafraid of this young person, and even though it was clobbered numerous times with a garden tool, it kept getting up and going after the chickens. This person finally got the skunk killed, turned it into the local animal control, it came back positive for rabies, and a round of rabies vaccine for the young person was the end result.

Well, please don't think I'm crazy but I would save my chickens in a fire, from a fox/other animal and other things. *stubborn*

Yep. I would. Risk your life for a gander but not a chicken? Woe!
Well, I would definitely chase away a fox or other predators that we have here, but I don't feel that would be much of a risk to me. We don't have bears as far as I know. I've chased away hawks, raccoons, lurking coyotes, and dogs. If there was a fire, I'd open the coop doors, and let chickens find their way out.

I would not risk my life for an animal, no animal, no matter what. Because it's not just me and my life we're talking about. If I chose to die for an animal, I would also be leaving two kids without a mother. Two parents without a daughter. A woman without a sister. A husband without a wife. And all the relatives and friends whose lives I'm a part of. Your life affects a lot more people than just yourself. I would not do that to all those people just to save a chicken. I'm sorry, but when it comes to my kids and family, a chicken is just a chicken (or dog or cat) even if it's the best one in the world.

If it poses no serious risk to my life and health, I would absolutely go out of my way to save or help an animal, even if it's not mine. But I am not willing to take a real risk.

Back
Top Bottom