How is your flock today?

Right, I have 3 Black Australorp hens. My roo is a Buff Orpington. The three pullets are 2 Blue Jersey Giants and a Jubilee Orp.

I'm glad it's November. I have about 5-6 months before chick fever hits too badly. I can figure out if I want more Aussies, probably sexed pullets from TSC. Or maybe hatch some chicks, in which case I need a plan for the cockerels. I'd also need a serious broody hen, as I don't have an incubator.

Another idea that's kicking around in my head is to buy some Arkansas Blue eggs from 1muttsfan, and maybe get some blue eggers in my flock. I'm kind of ga-ga about blue eggs too.
I understand where you are coming from, chicken math at it's best! LOL

I am wanting to phase out our original 4 Isa Brown hens and go with a more solid pure breed of chicken and continue with it as a duel purpose bird and incubate as needed to replenish our flock.

In all honesty I preferer duck eggs over chicken and if I would have known our ducks were going to be such great layers, I would have not bought those 4 Isa Browns chicks at the same time we got our ducklings.

Don't get me wrong, chickens are just as awesome as ducks! :love

Attachments

• D egg 02.jpg
    D egg 02.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 1
I understand where you are coming from, chicken math at it's best! LOL

I am wanting to phase out our original 4 Isa Brown hens and go with a more solid pure breed of chicken and continue with it as a duel purpose bird and incubate as needed to replenish our flock.

In all honesty I preferer duck eggs over chicken and if I would have known our ducks were going to be such great layers, I would have not bought those 4 Isa Browns chicks at the same time we got our ducklings.

Don't get me wrong, chickens are just as awesome as ducks! :love
I want ducks ♡♡♡ they are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom