How is your flock today?

Aloha gang and happy Saturday!
What I did with my flock was dose Honoapi'ilani with coco oil and massaged her crop as she was acting funny last eve and on inspection her crop felt like a rock. I'm pretty sure she said thank you mom and trotted off a new gal. I'll do her a few more times as needed.
I FINALLY went through my neglected mealworm bins to freshen and upgrade. I got a bad case of grain mites up Koke'e and was not sure how to proceed when I brought them down. Seems a warmer climate and neglect is the trick because it looks like the mites vacated. I sifted and wash my beetles and put in fresh cooked and cooled bran with fresh carrots and cardboard and the beetles seem pretty darn happy.
20211127_111735~3.jpg

I'll leave the sift/frass with the baby worms and eggs outside to see if mites are still hanging around. Good to have them up and running again. My flock helped with the clean up 😉

I have a 2mo cockerel acting a little strange. I had wormed my young teen flock about 5 days ago w/first dose. So not that. Crop good, weight good, color and feather good, no coughing or running nose... I direct dosed him with corid, separated and put in his water. We shall see but don't think it is parasites. I think he may have gotten wholloped by someone bigger. No blood or marks but it is a thought.

I have the littles running around free ranging. That's always fun to watch the youngones looking after the babies and the under-roo earn his keep with babysitting them all duty. Really like this little cockerel...
20211125_075209~2.jpg

Forest kitty keeping his watchful eye on all things chicken. 20211127_133520.jpg
20211127_133521.jpg

My roo doesn't know who I am when I wear my hood up on my hoody, and goes kind of crazy on me, going after my feet. So I started wearing a hat to keep my head warm. It's getting pretty cold; a bare head is not gonna work.

He is slowly coming around to "mom in a hat." I still have to push him away with the rooster stick, but not like if I wear my hood up. He's not the sharpest beak in the flock, I believe.

My roo doesn't know who I am when I wear my hood up on my hoody, and goes kind of crazy on me, going after my feet. So I started wearing a hat to keep my head warm. It's getting pretty cold; a bare head is not gonna work.

He is slowly coming around to "mom in a hat." I still have to push him away with the rooster stick, but not like if I wear my hood up. He's not the sharpest beak in the flock, I believe.
He must have thought that you were the boogieman. ;)

It is a pretty spectacular place and photogenic too. I think the mainland is amazing in many places but I don't have the courage to move. I did live Colorado for a few years in the late 90's. Just so cold and I like the people here better. It is home.
Well, they do say that home is where the heart is. :D

Back
Top Bottom