How long after a male dog is neutered

I've usually heard anywhere from 1 to 3 months.
Are you hoping for behavior changes with the drop in hormones?

Well my son just apdopted an 11 month old male from the the animal shelter and he'd been snipped that morning which was Monday,(I think). He's still a puppy for the most part and I keep reminding of that but he asked me if I knew the time frame. Apparently the shelter said something to him about levels decreasing over time. And I knew someone on here would know. Not necessarily behavior just maybe a little calmer I think.

wht kind of dog? Honestly, neutering will affect sex-related behaviors, but 99% of things don't fall into that category. Especially unlikely to make him "calmer". If he's a lab or other larger dog, then it will probably be at least another year before he calms down.

He's a German Shep mix. Looks like a skinny long legged G Shep. He's a sweetie and really hasn't shown the male tendencies like many males do. But just rambunctios. Like an excited kid that won't listen
smile.png
Just takes some time and training.

yes, he will be a puppy until he is 2, 3 or even older. My oldest boy is 8 and he is still a happy rambunctious boy when it's playtime! At 11 months old, he is the age of my baby. I wanna see pictures
smile.png

I've never had a problem with "male behaviors" with any of my intact dogs. They don't mark in the house, they don't hump things, they don't roam etc. Singe does get a little distracted when he smells a female in heat, but he also get really distracted when the neighbors grill so it is what it is.

They are very much teenagers at this age. Moody and think they know everything!
smile.png

20110811195324-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom