How long can ducklings be shipped!??

Crazy4Fowl

Songster
9 Years
Nov 20, 2014
My duck coop
I ordered some ducklings from efowl.com. They were supposed to ship today and arrive tomorrow or wednesday. They shipped about an hour ago. They stated that the ducklings expected delivery is Thursday the 26th and they didn't say why there was a delay. USPS is delivering them. I have a question, how long can ducklings survive being shipped. They are traveling from CA to FL. I didn't pay extra for a heat pack or food. I don't know if they come with that or not.

Check with e-fowl, see if you can get them to follow-up as the shipper. As I recall, my ducklings hatched on a Monday and arrived on Wednesday.

I would also contact the Post Office in the morning and tell them the situation, ask them questions - at the very least it may prompt them to be on top of things when they arrive.

I know I got a call at 7:15 in the morning when mine got to the P.O.

Last edited:
If they are coming from CA they are more than likely coming from Metzer. Metzer ships on Monday evenings and mine got to TX on Wed morning. They get flown out through San Fransico I believe. Even if you order from Efowl they will outsource where they come from. I bet you will have them tomorrow or Thursday, but now is a bad time to be shipping birds because it is so cold everywhere.

Ok, when you say Meyer you mean Metzer Farms right?
Trust me on this one
wink.png

Meyer Hatchery, in Ohio, is where I ordered the ducklings. The ducklings arrived postmarked from Chula Vista, California.

(It's fine for you to make sure - between autocorrect and brain cramps, it's good to be sure.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom