How long?

Kentucky~Momma

Songster
12 Years
May 20, 2007
South Central Kentucky
How long can we keep a hatched chick in the incubater? We had one hatch on day 18 and day 21 isn't until Sunday night. The one had started pipping on day 17, and when we moved him he was working on hatching. Should we move the hatched chicks out of the incubator or should we leave the hatched chicks in there?

jumpy.gif
are dry and trying to get out through the window.
8 eggs are still in there at least one is piping.
Should I open the bator and take out the dry ones or will they be ok for another day or so.

The last batch of chicks I had I would take out the babies if they were fluffed. Just make sure the humidity stays up or the pipped chicks could get dry membranes. But his is only my opinion, some say keep the chicks in till the rest hatch. Good luck this is so exciting Huh?!?

I also take them as soon as they are dry, unless there are more eggs, then I try to keep the youngest one in there to talk to the others to come out.
They can stay in there 24 hours and can go about 3 days without food, as there yoke has the nutrients etc they need

Pulled the 6 out (1 was hiding)
Preheated distilled water and added it at the same time, humidity stayed at 75% temp dropped to 98 but went right back up

all are drinking (sugar/water) and eating in the brooder
It looks good so far

Back
Top Bottom