How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

one of the layers had a squabble with the broody sitting on 8 eggs, one broke and killed a beautiful olive Egger that will be hatching in 10 days.
b907b36d-7e6f-4536-9705-5a37e63365c7-gif.1390361
Grrrr must have been a day for it - I lost a Faverolles the same way (not as far on as yours though).
On positive note, 3 chicks hatched from my mini incubator on day 20, hopefully the rest will follow tomorrow.
How exciting - what sort are they? Any more hatched?

Only one so far today but I think there must have been a thin shelled one broken and eaten - no sign of shell so I'm guessing it was pretty thin and they just ate it - there was yolk in the nest and on the plaster egg :barnie:barnie

Grrrr must have been a day for it - I lost a Faverolles the same way (not as far on as yours though).
How exciting - what sort are they? Any more hatched?

Only one so far today but I think there must have been a thin shelled one broken and eaten - no sign of shell so I'm guessing it was pretty thin and they just ate it - there was yolk in the nest and on the plaster egg :barnie:barnie

One BCM, olive Egger, and an ice cream bar, one more pipped but hasn’t progress yet. There’s 3 more BCMs but hasn’t done a thing so far these morning.

That’s a bummer when you lose an egg-thin shelled makes a mess in the ness.

Back
Top Bottom