How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

1/6 Today

They're 24 weeks old today and so far only the Golden Campine is laying. But our two Wellsummers and the Australorp look really close. The Delaware and the GLW are going to lay in Feb by the looks of them.

Nooooo! Reason I can't free range

I am so sorry I have not been out to my girls but just
had 7 this morning when I cleaned so should have 5 there
at least again

oh no thats terrible. So sorry
1f61f.png
Thanks everybody. The past 3 or 4 months have been pretty hard. I imagine a hawk or 2? thinks it has found the perfect dinning area. I hate locking the chickens in their coop, but I guess I'm going to have to for a while. Maybe then the hawk will move on to "greener pastures".

I forgot to say that I got 4 eggs today

Last edited:
So anyone's option here... are EE just a bunch of butt heads? I mean they are good birds and very pretty. But I got 4 this spring (labeled Americana) and the older 2 didn't lay well in the 100+ heathe here in northern California, and none of them are laying now that's it's late fall...

I get it not all first year pullets will lay through the winter, but I certainly figured I'd have at least more then just the 2 bards rocks laying. Only thing I can figure is becuase EE are a mix from a tropical breed of hen that perhaps they just aren't made to do well in my area?

I do have one older this is her second winter, she didn't start laying till this past spring shortly after we got the chicks. She also stopped when the heat got high, and was my first to stop when we started losing sunlight... I can't even imagine that I've gotten more then a few dozen eggs total from her, if that many...

Last edited:
So anyone's option here... are EE just a bunch of butt heads? I mean they are good birds and very pretty. But I got 4 this spring (labeled Americana) and the older 2 didn't lay well in the 100+ heathe here in northern California, and none of them are laying now that's it's late fall...

I get it not all first year pullets will lay through the winter, but I certainly figured I'd have at least more then just the 2 bards rocks laying. Only thing I can figure is becuase EE are a mix from a tropical breed of hen that perhaps they just aren't made to do well in my area?

I do have one older this is her second winter, she didn't start laying till this past spring shortly after we got the chicks. She also stopped when the heat got high, and was my first to stop when we started losing sunlight... I can't even imagine that I've gotten more then a few dozen eggs total from her, if that many...

My dad has 11 EE pullets, about 30 weeks old, and gets about 8 eggs per day. I've had a few over the years, they've never been good layers, a couple each week if I was lucky.

our 3 EE were biggest butt heads till they started laying, then got tons more friendly and we stopped regretting having them. None of them laid since the 21st though and they are refusing pats again :< I heard Aracauna are much better. We need more colored layers next time.

Back
Top Bottom