How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Some of the pullets just started laying about a couple weeks ago.
20180517_205539.jpg

24 Eggs Today, Huh! A third hen went broody yesterday, I gave her 8 eggs (Ice Cream Bars, Olive Eggers and Marans) to hatch. If all these broodies hatch some chicks our coop and run will be pretty crowded with babies. I wonder if they get along.

On side note We had to put our Yorkie down yesterday :(:(:hit

24 Eggs Today, Huh! A third hen went broody yesterday, I gave her 8 eggs (Ice Cream Bars, Olive Eggers and Marans) to hatch. If all these broodies hatch some chicks our coop and run will be pretty crowded with babies. I wonder if they get along.

Wow! 24 eggs and new chicks! I am so sorry though to hear about your yorkie! :( Especially with how cute those breeds are!

We own FOUR laying hens - today we got SIX eggs!! Our newest layer is giving us 2 blue eggs a day. The 6th egg... well there is this stray pair of chickens that keeps coming around, so three days ago I built a small nest box and put it out by the fence. One of them has given us a large white egg for the last two days :)

If all these broodies hatch some chicks our coop and run will be pretty crowded with babies. I wonder if they get along.
Wow! I hop they do - how many total hatchign eggs have you got?
I'm sorry to hear that.
The 6th egg... well there is this stray pair of chickens that keeps coming around, so three days ago I built a small nest box and put it out by the fence. One of them has given us a large white egg for the last two days :)
That is so random - where do they come from? Large white eggs are good :lau

Just getting my little one sorted with his breakfast and then I'll go down and let them out.

3.5/3 :yaanother double yoker - I'm guessing it is the same hen that gives me the thin shelled deflated balloon eggs as they had very similar wrinkles on it - but bigger and the shell very thick (maybe they hadnt' been eating the shell and me reserving it worked!).

Back
Top Bottom