How smart are deer ?

just to ask, Bucky is a white tail right?
hope he does not get shot, but doe meat is much better (or a little buck).

but always told white tail are predictable, is that true? unlike mule deer which just go the way they want when chased.

Lots of shotgun hunters are...because they aim for the whole deer and not the vital spot for a heart/lung shot.
not sure where you hunt but most shot gun hunters here use slugs and aim for a chest shot, yet many people don't hunt with shot guns here, as you can use them or a rifle during that season. but a few zones are muzzleloader/shot gun only. and every one i know uses a in-line muzzleloader. (which makes me sad am a percussion/flint lock guy)

are they using buck shot?

not sure where you hunt but most shot gun hunters here use slugs and aim for a chest shot, yet many people don't hunt with shot guns here, as you can use them or a rifle during that season. but a few zones are muzzleloader/shot gun only. and every one i know uses a in-line muzzleloader. (which makes me sad am a percussion/flint lock guy)

are they using buck shot?

Indiana has just allowed hand guns for deer hunting a few years back, not sure about rifles but I know about 20 years ago when I had friends hunting, rifles were strictly illegal.

Indiana has just allowed hand guns for deer hunting a few years back, not sure about rifles but I know about 20 years ago when I had friends hunting, rifles were strictly illegal.
that is cool about the handguns, too bad that it is prohibited in Canada to use handguns for hunting (only allowed to shoot at a legal range with handguns)

the closest thing to handgun hunting here is with a mares leg as there deemed rifles here in Canada.

is all rifle hunting illegal? like no rimfires for upland game birds or rabbits. or center fire for coyote hunting?

He's hiding in plain sight. About 50' behind the clubhouse there is an old overgrown barn foundation. Went in there to brush out a rabbit and spooked him out. No standing and staring at me - he was booking when he left. The boy is finally wising up. He only has to survive a couple of more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom