How to gain weight?

I think you should get a physical and complete workup by a medical professional. Different body chemistry will show up on people at different stages of their life. If your doctor says you are healthy I would let nature take it's course and you will gain weight with age, as most of us do. If you force the issue you may pay down the road when your metabolism slows down. Just because you think or somebody else thinks you are too thin does not make it so. Get advice from your doctor.

The average wait for someone 5'8'' and your age is about 120, and at the least can be around 100 (And thats cutting it) obese is about 140-145. So your telling me your... 70-80 pounds I find that remarkable, its just not possible! the only thing that it could be without it being serious is a high matablism or you dont eat much starch..
hmm.png

Is anyone a doctor on this site?

I am not a dr and dont play one on tv either.
Hon you are having a serious issue with metabolisn. likely cause by an over active thyroid.
when I hit 30 my body went to hockey sticks in a hand basket, drpped 55 lbs in less than a month, went in for a check up and my thyroid went over active. no ryme no reason the only explaination was a viral infection settled there and caused havock.
even with medication it took 6 years for the weight to come back on and that was due to a car accident laying me up for 8 months with a broken back.
PLEASE PLEASE go for a physical, and tell them to check your thyroid function. its imparative to your health.

Quote:
Absolutely. If the checkup finds no problem, don't ruin your health with excessive sugar or fat just to add weight that your body type is not meant to have. Just eat healthful foods, and try to eat at least three meals a day, even if they are sometimes light meals when you are not really hungry. Eating regularly is actually a good way to keep appetite up. The only way I've ever been able to drop extra pounds is skip meals.

Your perception is probably not others' perception. With the current fad of skinny models, I would bet that most of your acquaintances envy you. Does not matter anyway. You are who you are, and that is certainly no cause for shame or embarrassment.

If that is you in your avatar, you are a beautiful young woman.

yeah thats me, but its just bothers me. the whole exam thing includes a blood test which includes needles...ut oh. i'm not good with needles being poked into my body. YIKES! i'll talk to my parents about settin gup a healthy diet and getting in touch with the doctor in the morning. thanks everyone! i never thought it would be so serious, i'm glad i asked!

RUN! Im 16 and weigh about 110 but I weighed about 98 or 99 before I started running as much as I do now the muscle weighs more than fat, eat healthy eat breakfast bring a snack to school like carrotts and ranch dressing. I also do weight training at school helps alot and weight training and cross country practices in the summer. Join track or cross country. Coach calls me the bottomless pit I seriously ate 2 Peanut butter banana sandwiches, 1 muffin the size of 3 of my fists, 2 large chocolate chip cookies, 2 pizza slices, some rice cakes, a bottle of watter, and some lemon danishes then went and ran my 800 at a track meet.

Quote:
no. no running for me. i HATE running, with a deep burning passion throughout my entire body. i have asthma and my sister had taken my inhaler because she used hers, so the last time i ran a mile for gym class, i ended up throwing up and almost passing out because i couldn't breath. i don't like running, not ONE bit. trust me, sooo many people are trying to get me to run and they are getting me NO WHERE! i tried cross country last year, and noooo way, not for me. i like horses.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom