How to handle with person selling sick birds *RESULTS IN *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That is the proper way to handle it. You and your friend are doing the right thing.
thumbsup.gif

The seller is only hurting herself (and the birds) by not coming here and learning from it. Poor birds, maybe when the state takes them from her your friend can get a few more from them
big_smile.png
heck I would adopt some LOL

Graet job you and him are doing and the correct way to do it!
clap.gif
hoping the state does do something
fl.gif

When the results come back from the lab, it will not be slander. You can post those results all over the internet, you can post copies in every feed store in town, (something like eight or nine, not counting tack and clothing stores, grocery stores. Anywhere there is a bulletin board, including Craigslist too. \\

You can also complain to the
BBB
Dept of Agriculture
Animal Control
Code Enforcement, for various other, serious and obvious violations, easily visible from the street.

You can completely bury her and run her out of business. She has been operating outside the laws and ordinances for decades now. This might be her last year in business if you do things right.

I already know how tests will come back. Common sense tells the bird was sick and with whatever that resisted antibiotics and killed the bird. Incubation time and so forth also proves it came from seller. Why seller was so rude and refused to make anything right? No idea I can only assume the seller just didn't think anything would be done about it. Also makes me think she's done this before to others..

I am not a peafowl person,but I believe they need to be feed gamebird feed as it has the meds for blackhead in the feed.Peafowl are prone to blackhead and need the meds on a regular basis.If you have troubles giving them meds,get some mealworms,inject the meds in to the mealworms and feed it to them that way,they can't resisit a nice juicy mealworm.Also after you have medicated them,give them cranberry juice in place of their water for a day or 2.To make sure they drink the juice,empty their water supply for a day,they should run to any drink,even gatorade is good onci in a while.
In N.H.,Tony.

Yes great info. My daughter is sad. But not sure my friend wants to get any from anyone local for a long time. She feels overwhelmed with the outpouring of kindness. I told her most sellers are honest she just ran across a dishonest one that really needs to be stopped. I now know better , wont buy anything from her and I am looking for some birds so she lost my business. I am having her check out this forum soon. She is very much wanting to learn and she enjoys it alot.

Oh also is is possible that the person who had them didn't feed them correct feed ? She keeps them all SO CLOSE together. I mean close ! They are almost on top of eachother. At least at my house they were in a cage away from all my poultry.

Last edited by a moderator:
One was alive when it headed to the lab . Both are there for testing. So yes one died here, other died at the lab. I found something interesting about seller by goggling last night but not sure i can say it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom