how to naturally / organically de- worm your birds

Nice try, but that is not what I call a properly documented study. This one is a properly documented study on the efficacy of ivermectin as a wormer in poultry:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2816174
Ivermectin as a bird anthelmintic--trials with naturally infected domestic fowl.

Oksanen A, Nikander S.
Abstract

To evaluate the use of ivermectin as a bird anthelmintic, 29 White Leghorn hens naturally infected with Ascaridia spp., Heterakis spp. and Capillaria spp. were treated with 0.2, 2 or 6 mg/kg intramuscularly or 0.2 or 0.8 mg/kg orally. Faecal samples were collected before treatment and at autopsy, 2, 6, or 16 days after treatment, when the intestines were also examined for helminths. None of the treatments gave satisfactory anthelmintic results.

-Kathy

Anyway I can post these all day tobacco has been used as dewormer for centuries and how often do you actually hear of an animal dieing? And when it happens it was either too much or contaminated. Make your own judgments but I'm sticking to what I know

Hi, I keep/breed parrots & have been looking for ideas to naturally worm them.Do you know If this method will work for them too?

including the yogurt?

I keep Indian Ringnecks- one of the most hardy of all parrots.

I know you posted this last month, but no, please do not worm parrots like this. If you suspect worms in parrots, take them to a vet for testing and get an appropriate wormer. Where are your parrots picking up worms?

Folks can do all sorts of terrible things to chickens and chickens will live through it. It is more of a statement about how resilient chickens can be, vs. a statement about how clever some folks can be. Parrots are not always so tough. If you value your birds, take them to a veterinarian.

I am not suggesting that natural methods are "terrible", but sometimes advice on these forums is less than ideal for all situations....

Last edited:
Like I said they won't a propper study because its natural and will take money out out the wrong peoples pockets (we are the cattle) farmed for money and also look at ingrediants to a lot of dewormers (tabacco)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom