Hungry goose?

Adelic

Chirping
Jul 26, 2022
So I recently bought this chinease goose who her previous owners claim is 14. I have no idea what they fed her other then grass and chicken scratch. She hasn’t layed any eggs since we got her months ago (dispite her seller saying she layed every few days) and at this point I doubt it’s because of stress, she generally is very relaxed and seems happy. Also she looks skinny, like her center bone is very visible and protrudes. Since we got her it has filled in a little bit, but its still prevalent dispute having constant access to food.
Goose experts, is she underweight?

Attachments

• AE614D92-F4D1-4446-B25C-FB7647F791C1.jpeg
    AE614D92-F4D1-4446-B25C-FB7647F791C1.jpeg
    513.4 KB · Views: 15
I can't quite tell by looking at the picture, though it does look like she might be in the face. What does her face look like around her eyes? That's usually where I look when dealing with broody geese.

As far as feeding her, try feeding her Game Bird Crumbles. Be sure to always provide her with enough water for her to fully get her beak under and face. The crumbles can cause her to sneeze during eating, but is normal. My geese hated pellets, so that's why the crumbles.

I can't quite tell by looking at the picture, though it does look like she might be in the face. What does her face look like around her eyes? That's usually where I look when dealing with broody geese.

As far as feeding her, try feeding her Game Bird Crumbles. Be sure to always provide her with enough water for her to fully get her beak under and face. The crumbles can cause her to sneeze during eating, but is normal. My geese hated pellets, so that's why the crumbles.
Thanks for your imput,

whats the advantage of Game Feed over all pourpose poultry and water fowl food(which is what I feed my whole flock of chickens, duck, and goose)?

Thanks for your imput,

whats the advantage of Game Feed over all pourpose poultry and water fowl food(which is what I feed my whole flock of chickens, duck, and goose)?
You're welcome.

Oh, that's fine then. I'd use that as long as it comes in crumbles not pellets. (Unless your birds like pellets better. ) I suggested the Game Bird because that's what my feed store carried and what my geese ate, that's all.

You're welcome.

Oh, that's fine then. I'd use that as long as it comes in crumbles not pellets. (Unless your birds like pellets better. ) I suggested the Game Bird because that's what my feed store carried and what my geese ate, that's all.
Alright thanks, we do use pellets, and our birds dont really care, I use it because it doesn’t mold quickly and doesn’t get as soggy when wet (the ducks make that an issue). As for the goose I suppose I should just keep feeding her and hope that she’s healthy.

Back
Top Bottom