Pics
wizard-of-oz-gif.gif
OMG, so perfect for situations like this!

Ok, time to show my ignorance! PLease explain how to make a rocket stove. This is new to me, I think, as I am not sure what it is. LOL
There are a TON of different designs, some are "dig into the ground" others involve rocks, etc.. All for back packers and campers. Then people started taking those ideas and then domesticating them. This is one of my favorites. Its simple easy to assemble and store outside the house and then easy to put together and use if you need it.
But this is also and idea one can take to the extreems... Somewhere out there I saw a guys with a six burner job made out of cinder blocks. Simple or exotic, your choice.:caf

Add to your list for disaster preparation,
cleaning supplies and paper towels.
TP is listed under required for "she who must be obeyed". No, don't store it in the garage, it might get wet. Sleep on it. We didn't bring enough TP, once.

Once.

(Bonus points for the movie reference...)

Paper plates and utensils - if water is short, you won't do dishes.
Germex is an amazing product.
Propane grills work for bread baking and pizza ovens. Do require a supply of propane.
Basically, everything you need to camp with. Call it house camping. Or the Apocalypse for some.

I'm trying to figure out how to bottle air conditioning for those of us who are "more sensitive to the weather". And a mosquito deterrent that works 100%. With all these drones, you think they could assign one to keep mosquitos off my legs. Maybe collect them for chicken feed supplements...

It is a beautiful day! The chickens are demanding treats, the flood water is receding, the bumper crop of mosquitos hatched during the flood are looking for my legs. It's good to be wanted.

The sun is shining and I have a tree to be processed! Cheerio

Arkema listed cumene hydroperoxide as the chemical. The explosions are probably the containers failing or overpressuring. Once at autoignition temperature, it will burn. Nothing else needed, no air, no fuel, no spark - it provides it all.

Hopefully, as part of their site plan, they stored the cumene hydroperoxide separately from the other chemical storage. That is usually the safety plan. So everything else is safe, secure and isolated. The peroxide will burn no matter what once warm. Great stuff. Peroxides are catalysts for all kinds of plastics and we like plastics.

So that is your science lesson for today. Nothing to worry about, a little fire. But at least it is something other than the dangerous and deadly water we've been talking about for a week.

Best wishes and don't succumb to the hype. It's just science. Ask the man behind the curtain.

So what did I miss that brings the wizard to bear? :confused: I can be slow at times:oops:
lol see above quote, RUNuts is the 'man behind the curtain'

There are a TON of different designs, some are "dig into the ground" others involve rocks, etc.. All for back packers and campers. Then people started taking those ideas and then domesticating them. This is one of my favorites. Its simple easy to assemble and store outside the house and then easy to put together and use if you need it.
But this is also and idea one can take to the extreems... Somewhere out there I saw a guys with a six burner job made out of cinder blocks. Simple or exotic, your choice.:caf
WOW, what a great thing to know! Thank you, we have lots of bricks and cinder blocks at my house as we seem to always trying to continue to finish the house, even after 12 years. Had to do dishes in the backyard for a year, while waiting for counter tops to arrive. DH made a hook up to hot water heater so it was possible. Was a pain in the a**, but we were home, living in our own house!

WOW, what a great thing to know! Thank you, we have lots of bricks and cinder blocks at my house as we seem to always trying to continue to finish the house, even after 12 years. Had to do dishes in the backyard for a year, while waiting for counter tops to arrive. DH made a hook up to hot water heater so it was possible. Was a pain in the a**, but we were home, living in our own house!
When I remodeled our kitchen in VA we went almost 2 years without running water in the kitchen. poor planning on my part--but that's what happens when you're a crew of 2 working a few hours per night and on the weekends. And the new owners love it:th

Add to your list for disaster preparation,
cleaning supplies and paper towels.
TP is listed under required for "she who must be obeyed". No, don't store it in the garage, it might get wet. Sleep on it. We didn't bring enough TP, once.

Once.

(Bonus points for the movie reference...)

Paper plates and utensils - if water is short, you won't do dishes.
Germex is an amazing product.
Propane grills work for bread baking and pizza ovens. Do require a supply of propane.
Basically, everything you need to camp with. Call it house camping. Or the Apocalypse for some.

I'm trying to figure out how to bottle air conditioning for those of us who are "more sensitive to the weather". And a mosquito deterrent that works 100%. With all these drones, you think they could assign one to keep mosquitos off my legs. Maybe collect them for chicken feed supplements...

It is a beautiful day! The chickens are demanding treats, the flood water is receding, the bumper crop of mosquitos hatched during the flood are looking for my legs. It's good to be wanted.

The sun is shining and I have a tree to be processed! Cheerio
You can make a great cutting board or rustic bread board from your tree pieces when they dry. DH did this for me. If you buy these in boutique stores they are around $100, I got one for free. Another lemons to lemonade.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom