Pics
only from tom hanks.... life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Anybody else ever wonder what brand of chocolates Forrest's mother was talking about? All of the boxed chocolates I've ever seen have a diagram in the lid of the box telling you exactly what you are getting.:confused:

What I've seen about the Arkema chemical plant indicates that the fire is limited to material contained in a semi trailer, and because it's surrounded by water, it isn't expected to spread. Sounds a whole lot less dramatic than "Explosions Rock Chemical Plant," doesn't it?

Anybody else ever wonder what brand of chocolates Forrest's mother was talking about? All of the boxed chocolates I've ever seen have a diagram in the lid of the box telling you exactly what you are getting.:confused:

I think after Jenny died Forrest said "I've had enough of this s**t. I'm going to start a chocolate factory and label every chocolate so everyone will know exactly what they're getting".

Or so I imagine that's how it happened...

Keep
I think after Jenny died Forrest said "I've had enough of this s**t. I'm going to start a chocolate factory and label every chocolate so everyone will know exactly what they're getting".

Or so I imagine that's how it happened...
Keep that sense of humor y'all. You will need it in the days to come.

When I lived in the country I would keep gallons of milk and water in the freezer. It helps cut down how hard the freezer works to keep cold and gave me a supply when we were stuck in from ice. If our power went out so did our well pump. They helped keep the freezers cold as well with no power.

Yeah we're out 15 minutes from a little grocery store and 30-40 minutes from the real city. We have a chest freezer (holds cold better if power goes) and keep a good stock of paper goods and propane (also have a propane fryer and a charcoal/wood smoker).

I grew up in Alaska so we often had snowstorms or ice storms where you couldn't get out. Biggest issue was winter wind that'd knock down trees and power (same with ice) and blow snow so you couldn't see while driving. We used to
go winter camping out in the woods and we kept our food stored outside to keep it below freezing since it was outhouse and gas stove kind of living. Crazy Alaskans

My plan is to up our food reserves come fall because as others in the pacific NW know, there was a ton of rain and flooding here too. Thankfully we are 500 ft up but the roads aren't. Guess that's where our tractor comes in handy

you don't have to extract the seed just cut the tops off and stick them in a paper bag and keep them dry. when you want to replant, just crumble the pods (or just plant them as is).

Just let them turn brown on the plant. Strip From stalk and plant anywhere and basil plants will pop up like crazy. Store some seeds for next year, unless you plan on making Pesto in a few weeks.

SO MUCH EASIER! :lol: I was saving marigold seeds and started on the basil. Some are easier than others.

You can strip the leaves and freeze them after tossing in a bit of oil and use them as fresh basil for cooking. Most any herbs will work this way.

Won't the leaves be bitter since it's gone to flower? Or can I strip the leaves after I've cut the flowers and they'll be back to normal?

Fun fact: basil straight from the plant burns my mouth and I have to spit it out every time.

Fun fact: when I let the campers sample basil, half would spit it out (like me) and half would savor it like candy. One group of boys filled their pockets with basil and munched all day.

Fun fact: the staff boys who loved to munch fresh basil stared at me in horror when I put sriracha on my Mac-n-cheese. "NO!! It's hot!!" Because the basil burned me, they were concerned. Jokes on them because I LOVE spicy food. Don't know why I can't handle the basil.

I grew up in Alaska so we often had snowstorms or ice storms where you couldn't get out. Biggest issue was winter wind that'd knock down trees and power (same with ice) and blow snow so you couldn't see while driving. We used to go winter camping out in the woods and we kept our food stored outside to keep it below freezing since it was outhouse and gas stove kind of living. Crazy Alaskans

Folks have to fend for themselves in Alaska. I have a friend whose sister lives there. He told me that one day she was out driving and came across a dead moose in the road. She took out a chain saw, cut it up (it was frozen), and took it home to put in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom