Pics
In NY before a snow storm everyone rushes to the store for milk, bread and eggs. The locals call it the French Toast Forecast. FrenchToastAlert.com is pretty funny as well.

People here think I'm crazy because I will make sure my propane tank is full for my grill. A couple hurricanes in FL and ice storms here we cooked on a gas grill for a week or so.

People here think I'm crazy because I will make sure my propane tank is full for my grill. A couple hurricanes in FL and ice storms here we cooked on a gas grill for a week or so.
you can also get a whole range of other camping things that will run off an lpg tank. i have a thingie that heats up water/you can have a shower with (assuming clean water, of course). If I was in the path of an event that might cut off services, getting in some lpg tanks would be right up there on the list of things to do.

let them we know your not (at least not for something like that) we know better cuz we know to be ready for anything n everything when it comes to big storms we always have to try to have all our basis covered as much as possible

you can also get a whole range of other camping things that will run off an lpg tank. i have a thingie that heats up water/you can have a shower with (assuming clean water, of course). If I was in the path of an event that might cut off services, getting in some lpg tanks would be right up there on the list of things to do.
The alternatives are staggering. I have a lot of 20 gallon propane tanks cause I use them around the farm for different things--but I've always got a stock. But even beyond propane its really easy to make a rocket stove out of bricks and a couple of other things and it's wonderful for cooking, heating water, etc. I used to do a lot of camping back in the day... And always loved a solution that didn't include carrying it on my back.

wizard-of-oz-gif.gif

The alternatives are staggering. I have a lot of 20 gallon propane tanks cause I use them around the farm for different things--but I've always got a stock. But even beyond propane its really easy to make a rocket stove out of bricks and a couple of other things and it's wonderful for cooking, heating water, etc. I used to do a lot of camping back in the day... And always loved a solution that didn't include carrying it on my back.
Ok, time to show my ignorance! PLease explain how to make a rocket stove. This is new to me, I think, as I am not sure what it is. LOL

Back
Top Bottom