Pics
In SC every time there was bad weather (hurricane, flood, snow) the stores sold out of milk and bread. If the power goes out there goes your milk... and the bread will mold. We joked people must like their milk sandwiches.

I always kept good stock of peanut butter, crackers, granola bars, proteins bars, canned salmon, other canned goods, and bottled water. Plus things like potatoes that can be cooked a multitude of ways.

After Hurricane Ivan in Pensacola, our entire block had a cookout. Everyone brought meat that was defrosting and cooked it. We had chips, sodas and even a few potato and macaroni salads to go with it. Gas grills still work, if the power is out and the food was going to go bad anyway, so an enterprising neighbor went around to all 50 houses and invited everyone to come. We had a great time, and it was the last "HOT" meal we had for several days, at least until we got a generator. I lost my house, so I had to come back over for the event as I was living in my parent's house (they were RVing out west at the time).

Listen fruit cake.....we don't normally get stuck for weeks. You are used to getting snowed in for months so it's normal for your kind to hoard stuff. Just ask the professional rooster hoarder @Wicked chicken6
:plbb

Months?? Nah. Days at most.

Up here we have this really cool invention called a snow plough. You should get a rain plough if you plan on living in a flood more often.

I have cases and cases of baby wipes, don't ask why.
Why? :p

we could use some rain up here... First we broke all records of rainfall between September until june now we are breaking the record of how many days without rain
in Western Washington state but inland where we are we use to get a bit more rain before the clouds could lift over the mountains

I saw someone ask about how much snow an inch of rain equals. I think someone else answered than it was a 1:1 ratio, and I knew that couldn't be right at all. Did some research and it appears there are many answers, but it always takes a fair amount of snow to liquid rain, as snow is far less dense than liquid water. The generally accepted quesstimation for North America seems to be that 1 inch of rain is about equal to 10 inches of snow. So 50 inches of rain times 10 = 500 inches, or 41 2/3 feet of snow. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom