My father picked up a Paul Prudome book when I was a kid. Within 10 years that book had 20 years of use under it. LOL. I have that book now... I LOVE Cajun food, and I REALLY want to go to NOLA someday. Probably in the winter. I don't know that I could handle the heat and humidity during the summer!
See if there is a recipe for Rice and gravy in it.
I looked for a recipe on the link that @rjohns39 sent for his cajun grocer but didn't see one there.
Rice n gravy is one of my all time favorites.....taught by my grandma....I've seen a few recipes when digging through the net but never seen one in a book.

I looked for a recipe on the link that @rjohns39 sent for his cajun grocer but didn't see one there.
Rice n gravy is one of my all time favorites.....taught by my grandma....I've seen a few recipes when digging through the net but never seen one in a book.
I'll have to take a look when I get home. Send me a PM so I remember, if you want... I can send you the recipe if you need it, or does @rjohns39 need it?

Is this the gravy you're looking for? https://chefpaul.com/site.php?pageID=300&view=160 He's also got a great recipe for dirty rice.

I'll have to take a look when I get home. Send me a PM so I remember, if you want... I can send you the recipe if you need it, or does @rjohns39 need it?
If he @rjohns39 doesn't know how to make it I'd like for him and everyone else to learn how to make it. I cook it all the time. Just so you know it takes at least 3 hours to cook to be perfect..imo.
I take for ever to cook just about anything though.

Back
Top Bottom