I actually have 2 questions...

Chick a dee1023

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
Pennsylvania
We have 3 chicks (supposedly white rock/RIR mix we got from a farm,as day olds) they are 10 days old today. We went to the feed store TO GET FEED and ended up falling in love and getting a barred rock chick (I see what ppl mean by "chicken math LOL!). She is only a day younger than my other girls, but shes a lot smaller (not sure if its because of the breed or what cause I'm new at this), but she is PECKING MY OTHER CHICK'S EYES AND CHASING THEM AROUND! My girls are apparently too docile (my fault, I baby them) and the cry and all bunch together in the corner of the brooder to get away from her (she runs over, cuddles up with them, then when shes "up and about" again, she bullies them some more). So my 1st question here is: WHAT DO I DO? Will this stop after a day or 2 or do I have to separate them? (I don't want to have to put her all alone if I don't have to). OK, second questions a diff subject... 2 of my girls have runny poop (before I picked up the new girl), its not every single time they poop, just most of the time, and the one is more frequent than the other, plus the biggest one (one of the 2 with the poop prob) is also sneezing... Is this normal? What could be wrong? I know they got vaccinated before I got them, and we gave then grit to try to help it (and because they had some crickets the other day lol). What do I do? Help please! I'm sorry this is a lot, I'm new at this and want my girls to be OK.

sneezing is ABSOLUTLEY NORMAL. my chicks had a faze where they just kept on sneezing. runny poop is normal. i use to see runny poop everyday lol. but if you dont like the poop (duh!) you can lower the lightbulb wattage cause if its to hot for them they drink more water and if they drink to much water they get watery poop. and srry i dont know about your chick behavior bullying thing. ( lol it was usually supposed to be the RIR bullying the barred rock cause they are said to be very docile )

sneezing is ABSOLUTLEY NORMAL. my chicks had a faze where they just kept on sneezing. runny poop is normal. i use to see runny poop everyday lol. but if you dont like the poop (duh!) you can lower the lightbulb wattage cause if its to hot for them they drink more water and if they drink to much water they get watery poop. and srry i dont know about your chick behavior bullying thing. ( lol it was usually supposed to be the RIR bullying the barred rock cause they are said to be very docile )
Thanks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom