I Am Looking For A Surgeon To Decrow My Rooster

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s certain kinds of chickens that were used for illegal fighting. You guys are regurgitating something you’ve been led to believe that isn’t true. The fact is nobody wants a reject layer rooster for fighting. Wondering about whether the rooster would be fed and properly cared for is legitimate though. The reality is the current trend of backyard chickens in suburban backyards has led to the deaths of far more roosters than before the trend. So...you guys can all pretend like you’re doing a great thing but in the end most roosters will end up dead. It’s a feel good measure without a lot of substance. If it helps everyone feel good about themselves so be it just know it’s not changing much.
Apparently you didn’t read what I wrote either. My comment was geared toward giving a bird away and fearing it being used for something illegal. That’s false. It would be far better if people didn’t post things as fact when in reality it’s just a hunch they have.

Whether it's realistic or not that OP worries about their rooster being used for fights doesn't really matter. Everyone has worries about irrational things but that dosen't mean we should argue with them and call them stupid for it.

For the record, I did NOT "regurgitate something I've been led to believe". I simply acknowledged that it may be something that OP would worry about.

Now i understand that this is something that you feel strongly about but please stop being rude to people. It's very unpleasant and the opposite of productive. Maybe you could start an informational thread about rooster fights, give people all of the information so that no one has irrational fears about them. You seem to have done your research about them. I know that I would read it

Whether it's realistic or not that OP worries about their rooster being used for fights doesn't really matter. Everyone has worries about irrational things but that dosen't mean we should argue with them and call them stupid for it.

For the record, I did NOT "regurgitate something I've been led to believe". I simply acknowledged that it may be something that OP would worry about.

Now i understand that this is something that you feel strongly about but please stop being rude to people. It's very unpleasant and the opposite of productive. Maybe you could start an informational thread about rooster fights, give people all of the information so that no one has irrational fears about them. You seem to have done your research about them. I know that I would read it
A thread like that is unnecessary but what is necessary is for people to do a little basic research before they spread their irrational fears for other people to pile onto. That’s the main issue. It’s not just this thread there’s plenty that have come and gone where people have said the same thing. I’m not actually trying to convince many people here of anything because it seems many just won’t take the time to think beyond their emotions. My main objective is for the people who read this thread after being directed from a google search to get a point of view that actually makes sense.

A thread like that is unnecessary but what is necessary is for people to do a little basic research before they spread their irrational fears for other people to pile onto. That’s the main issue. It’s not just this thread there’s plenty that have come and gone where people have said the same thing. I’m not actually trying to convince many people here of anything because it seems many just won’t take the time to think beyond their emotions. My main objective is for the people who read this thread after being directed from a google search to get a point of view that actually makes sense.

I understand your motives and agree with you that it is irrational, Like I just said. I'm just saying that people would probably be more likely to listen to you if you weren't being such a jerk about it.

And you say that people should do their research, but say that it's unnecessary to write something that people could use in their research. And if people are directed here from a Google search then they're not looking for anything about rooster fights. They're looking for info about decrowing a rooster. Another reason to write something about rooster fights, so that if people are looking for something about them, they will be directed to your post instead. It was just a suggestion, I'm only trying to be productive. I apologize if it seems otherwise. Gee wiz

I understand your motives and agree with you that it is irrational, Like I just said. I'm just saying that people would probably be more likely to listen to you if you weren't being such a jerk about it.

And you say that people should do their research, but say that it's unnecessary to write something that people could use in their research. And if people are directed here from a Google search then they're not looking for anything about rooster fights. They're looking for info about decrowing a rooster. Another reason to write something about rooster fights, so that if people are looking for something about them, they will be directed to your post instead. It was just a suggestion, I'm only trying to be productive. I apologize if it seems otherwise. Gee wiz
Please don’t call me names. I have feelings too.

Hi Im New To Byc, And I'd Be Willing To Pay The Price To Decrow My Rooster, Roosters Are Not Allowed Where I Live, So.... Yea, I Really Want To Decrow My Rooster Because My Neighbors Are Always Complaining About Him, I Have Tried A Chicken Collar, But, It Just Doesn't Seem To Work.
So If You Decrow Roosters Or You Know Somebody Who Decrows Roosters Than Tell Me Please,
Thank You!
I have nothing to say about this Oct. 28 2017 posting. My lips are sealed on this topic.

Last edited:
I get you wanting to keep him and have him live a good life, but it is a VERY VERY dangerous surgery, and honestly, he would probably be happier to have a BB in his head then go through a painful terrible surgery. DO NOT DO THIS TO HIM! Try to find him a new home in your area please listen to the advice on this forum, it all say the same thing, DONT!
We are getting a new coop soon. 12x20 and I am going to put insulation and cover that with plywood. then for the run I am going to place sound proofing walls between my neighbors and me

It seems that Mcmurry hatchery sent me a rooster. I live in an where you are allowed to own chickens but I just dont want to deal with a rooster. I have read too many "free to good home" post so it seems it is lights out for this rooster. should I do it away from the hens
I am going to try the collar, if that doesn’t work then my rooster will be decrowed. The only other option is a BB to the head. I was going to revoke them, but heard they may go to a person that just wants to feed them to snakes.
We are getting a new coop soon. 12x20 and I am going to put insulation and cover that with plywood. then for the run I am going to place sound proofing walls between my neighbors and me

So you decided that you will just "deal" with the rooster?
Sounds like an expensive project if you really can't keep a rooster. How are you going to make sure there's enough ventilation with all that sound proofing and insulation?

and a note for anyone reading this thread, which I'm sure many are. An article about "rooster fighting" is not allowed on BYC it's against the rules.

and another. Yes. this thread is old /originally from 2017. It was revived in 2018 and again 2 times in 2020. The above quoted person is who revived it this time. Doing a bit of back reading and looking at posting history may actually clear up some confusion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom