I am so mad right now.....

Lauren Adams

Songster
Oct 29, 2017
MI
It is April 4th right now my friends I have chicks who are four weeks and one day old today. That gives me three or four weeks MAX that they need to be in the coop! It is too cold for April I live in MI I can't tell you anymore that that about where I live. I have a feeling I am not getting much eggs today!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 13
Does anyone know what to do if it does not get warm enough in time for my chicks to be outdoors?
I guess you could put a heat lamp out there with an extension cord... where I live it’s the heat that’s the problem. If they are fully feathered (even under their wings!) then they should be fine. So.. how many do you have? They like to cuddle up and get warm with body heat. Sometimes if it’s too cold my hens go back to the roost. If they have all feathers and some meat on those bone and some cuddle buddies, they would be fine.

It is better now still some melting snow left on the grond the high is 60 degree's.
I guess you could put a heat lamp out there with an extension cord... where I live it’s the heat that’s the problem. If they are fully feathered (even under their wings!) then they should be fine. So.. how many do you have? They like to cuddle up and get warm with body heat. Sometimes if it’s too cold my hens go back to the roost. If they have all feathers and some meat on those bone and some cuddle buddies, they would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom