I am so proud of my great pyr Tonto

Queen Scoot

Crochet Chieftess
11 Years
May 27, 2008
HOOKERVILLE!!!
OMG i just killed a huge freaking snake!!!! Tonto was barking and i had the baby chicks outside so i went out to see what was going on and tonto was circling the babies cage barking...i walked over and looked at the ground and seen this HUGE snake..i got the shovel and chopped its head off.....its now in the driveway.
thank goodness for tonto or that snake would have had baby chicks for lunch!!! i am so glad that he has become a part of our family!!!!
he gets a steak for dinner tonight!! such a good dog!

What a fabulous story. I plan on a great pyr being my next dog. Good boy Tonto, give him a baked potato with the steak.....................
wink.png

You are so Lucky!!!!

I also have a great pryameze.
Mine I just got a few weeks ago. After 2 stray dogs killed my 2 new goats.
He also got steak the other nite. One of those dogs came back. Guess looking for more to kill. Ringo got the dog and took off running from HELL. I'm now getting a female to see if i can have pups.

Great dogs.

Dottie

Quote:
yes they ar. i was a lil skeptical at first about getting him as he was 6 months old and had never been around chickens. but with a few strong "NO'S" and he learned great. hes an awesome dog. what a wonderful breed!!!!

Quote:
How old was your dog when you got it? Did you get a mature dog? Its really really interesting to me that after just a few weeks he ran off a stray dog. Isn't their hair too much to handle? Do you ever bring them inside? They're so big, doesn't it cost a fortune to feed them? How are they around strangers or kids they don't know? I'm only asking this because everyone that we have bought poultry or goats from seems to have them. I'm leary because of our kids and their friends...but they are beautiful dogs...oh my gosh, they are just lovely to look at!

Quote:
How old was your dog when you got it? Did you get a mature dog? Its really really interesting to me that after just a few weeks he ran off a stray dog. Isn't their hair too much to handle? Do you ever bring them inside? They're so big, doesn't it cost a fortune to feed them? How are they around strangers or kids they don't know? I'm only asking this because everyone that we have bought poultry or goats from seems to have them. I'm leary because of our kids and their friends...but they are beautiful dogs...oh my gosh, they are just lovely to look at!

great pyrs dont eat anymore than say a german shepherd as they have a low metabolism, yes, they come inside tonto is in every day,they are wary of strangers and get along well with kids. their hair isnt a big deal as long as its brushed 3-4 times a week. all in all they are a sweet dog,tonto was here excatley a day and a half and acted liked he owned tha place. awesome dogs!

Ring is 8 years old. Loving dog. He is very protective of me when i'm outside by myself. When kids are out then he's a big baby.
Wouldn't hurt a fly.
At nite when he goes in his pen We say On Guard and he goes around checking the coops.
Its really funny to watch.
Past owners said he never had to guard anything.
No he does not come in the house.
I would let him. DH says no. already have 2 in the house. A nonsense and collie mix.

Back
Top Bottom