I can not believe my horse escaped her new stall!

Well...I got home a bit after 4pm to find her out again! Last night I fixed her stall so she couldn't jump out, so she learned to unlatch the gate instead.

I put her in with the boys. She is so definately in heat. My boys are gelded and now confused and aggitated. Everything worked out well though. I put her back in her stall at 7pm and I'm hoping she'll sleep there.

I may let her out there before I go to work tomorrow.
hmm.png

She stayed in her stall all night. I left her in the paddock with the boys all day today while I was at work. She's fine:)

How long do their heat cycles last?

I have a friend that had a 29 year old mare that would squat piddle while in the company of the neighbors gelding. Oh my it was funny, and when they got together, she didn't want to do anything and neither did she!
Old habits are hard to break!
big_smile.png

That's what she's doing! And she's stuck to the one gelding like velcro. He gets excited, but then doesn't know what to do. I think they're both frustrated.

It is sadly hilarious to watch.

Obviously I've never had a mare.

Breeding season usally can run anytime from jan-november, about every 3 weeks. I have two mares so believe me I know what you are going through. I would not change having mares for anything.

Well, I've been putting her out with the boys all week during the day. Today it looked like rain and she acted like she wanted to stay inside, so I left her in and went to work. I came home early to check her and she was standing outside the paddock gate smiling at me. I will have to find a better gate latch for her stall. I paid $25.00 for this hvy duty one. She's so stinking smart. Our snow is finally melting, so it will 24/7 outside with the run in shed, very soon. I hope she doesn't get the urge to escape from there.

Back
Top Bottom