I cant believe I survived!

Kids today rarely go outside. My grandkids are still talking about the time they came here from Florida to escape the hurricane. They played outside all day every day unless it rained. They caught toads. They fed and held the animals. At home they sit and watch tv or play with toys or fight. Its sad.

Ditto! If it wasn't a school day, we were out of the house first thing and back in when it got dark. We rode our bikes everywhere, played down at the creek, made bag lunches for hikes up the closest big hill, camped out in the back yard. We had a blast!
Omg, this is what me and my siblings do!?

Finish school and out we go, bike down to the bay, hike, run, playing tag for hours, try to get my friend to Come over (other kids like him to come over, lol), mow, weed whack, etc..... We have so much fun.

Couldn't imagine sitting on the computer all day playing video games.... So stupid. Imo.

Kids today rarely go outside. My grandkids are still talking about the time they came here from Florida to escape the hurricane. They played outside all day every day unless it rained. They caught toads. They fed and held the animals. At home they sit and watch tv or play with toys or fight. Its sad.
It is sad we had a huge field we would play in all day rule be home before dark. As a parent now I'm afraid to let my kids go to the park alone (only 2 blocks away) with the thought someone will call the cops because they are not being supervised. So they get a lot of back yard time and riding bikes around the block

I'm only 24, which is apparently old these days. Even in the few years since my youth things have changed astronomically. The roosters that my stepfather owned were mean and it was no one's fault, but our own if we got pecked or flogged, if I got thrown from my green horse ( yeah, they bought me a greenie with an attitude and i lived)--guess whose fault it was ? (also no one cared unless it was a serious tumble) . We did not get rid of an animal for doing what it thought it was supposed to be doing.
We played outside,got dirty, we weren't concerned with "adult" topics as most children are today, we didn't have phones until we were teens--then, NO PICTURE PHONES.

At this point , the way things are in the world, I don't want to bring a child into it ( it isn't that I don't want them, I'm just afraid of the way things are going.)

Back
Top Bottom