I can't seem to peel my hard boiled eggs - page 8 Solution!

I finally just started poaching eggs all the time. If you keep cooking them until the yolks are firm you can make them into a yummy egg salad. Fresh eggs are hard to peel, but poach perfectly. Just crack the eggs into simmering water with a bit of white vinegar in it. No peeling involved. Yum yum, peeps.

what i do is, boil the eggs, drain the water and roll them around in the pot until the shells are all broken up and then put cold water back in the pot and let them sit, this helps since the water gets under the shell making it easier to peel:)

This has been a fun thread. I can't wait untill komaki post the results of the eight pans of eggs! Different results could be because of the differance of everyones water. Some water may need to have baking soda to adjust the ph some......Man that was Last month! WHAT HAPPENED!

I do the same let cold water
get under the cracked shell
I let eggs rest a bit in cold water
while I do something else.
it works for me everytime/.
clap.gif

I was just asking my husband why my eggs would not peel. lol I am so happy that it's not just me that had this problem. It is really gross to think about store bought eggs being easy to peel cuz they are old though:/ I sure am glad that I have my own eggs and I know they are fresh daily! Plus they taste good because my chickens free range and are happy
smile.png
I make sure to hold each one of them everyday and I treat them like part of the family. Love my chickens!!!

My neighbor cooks her eggs in her rice cooker. Pretty much steams them, so I tried using my metal colander & steamed mine. Works great every time. The true trick is that you need to let them cool completely, so immerse them in ice to stop the cooking process & begin the cooling process. I have cooked some the night before I needed them, put them in the fridge overnight & then the shell slides off effortlessly. Only once did I have a problem, and I think it was because the eggs were undercooked. Good luck.

I just use a push pin to poke a small hole in the big end of the egg and drop it into already boiling water. When done, immerse in cold water and then the shells peel off easy.

Back
Top Bottom