I can't seem to peel my hard boiled eggs - page 8 Solution!

I'm going to try the salt method right now to see if it works.
smile.png

Took 4 eggs from the coop, washed the poo off them, got a pan of water boiling, put the eggs in, set the timer for 15 minutes, kept 'em boiling real good. When the timer went off, I drained them and filled the pan with copious amounts of ice and water. After 5 minutes I tried to peel them. The peeling operation was marginally successful with some parts of the shell coming off cleanly and other parts sticking and taking some of the white with it. The white of the egg was not firm but somewhat mushy almost like it was undercooked. The yolks were beautiful...no green crap around the OD.

After reading through 14 pages of wonderful ideas ranging from the most basic to the complex, I have come to a conclusion.

There is no surefire way to make a hard boiled egg peel with any repeatability from egg to egg.

Boil your stinkin' eggs and if they turn out lousy recyle them through a chicken and try again tomorrow. After all, your chickens pump 'em out every day. Other than your time and fossil fuels that were wasted it's really no big deal.

Quote:
Perfect eggs every time!! Get the water to a good boil BEFORE adding eggs. Boil a long time...15 min or so, then dunk in ice water.

I loved that older thread.
lau.gif
Tell Hubby he is a genius or not??
gig.gif
Here is the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=115799

This method works great! I have tried it several times and it works every time. I've made a point of telling everyone I run into about it too.

Dang! Y'all are just to good. Every time I have a question and do a search I find that the subject has already been discussed at great length. How am I ever supposed to get out of the New Egg
jumpy.gif
classification so I can post pictures of my home designed and built laying box not to mention create an avatar and a signature?

Guess I'll just have to settle for extending my thanks for all the help.

OldGuy43
old.gif

Yes. Absolutely. I learned this one from a guy selling eggs at a farmers' market in Reno. My grandaughter loves "peel eggs" and this way she can have fresh ones. I tried in on one that was only one day old. Perfect every time.

Quote:
Perfect eggs every time!! Get the water to a good boil BEFORE adding eggs. Boil a long time...15 min or so, then dunk in ice water.

I loved that older thread.
lau.gif
Tell Hubby he is a genius or not??
gig.gif
Here is the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=115799

Great Ideas all. I learned that if I crack egg when putting in cold water after boiling They will suck water between the membrain and the white making them perfect to peel. However if you want to store the eggs for a while in the shell this water will dry out and it actually becomes harder to peel.
old.gif

Quote:

X2 funny how many times I have seen this ? posted. It actually takes 25 but who's counting. Just keep on commenting and thanking and
welcome-byc.gif
ing new folks like you. Several "social" like "Where are you" threads or Ramdom ramblings like "coffee's ready https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7774762#p7774762 help raise your numbers. Subscribe to these topics to keep up with the chatter.

Back
Top Bottom