I can't seem to peel my hard boiled eggs - page 8 Solution!

The reason the salt works is due to the difference in salinity of the egg and the water. The higher salt content draws moisture from the egg, thereby shrinking the size of the albumen. This is also why salt water fish must drink water. The ocean draws water out of their skin.

True!
1f60a.png

I have been told by chicken keepers in these here parts, that you can't hard boil a fresh egg.
Well, I've tried all the methods, that have been suggested but I have been unsuccessful.
I decided to give this one more go. I got an egg this morning right out from under one of my
pullets. Ran to the house with it. Placed it in my new steamer, pushed the button & 15 min.
later, plunged the hot egg in ice water. Waited patiently for the ice to work it's magic.
Pulled the now cool egg out of the water, and started to peal. Well the egg couldn't have
been any fresher, the steamer any hotter, the ice water any colder. I was able to eat a freshly
pealed hard boiled egg!!!!!!!!
Now I won't go so far as to say it was perfect, but with a little tweaking, (and I don't mean
dancing , oh wait, thats twerking), I now believe I can master this perplexing problem. I have to say I have been in
awe of the whites of my fresh eggs being so clear before cooking. But I can't say how long
I stared at the cooked white of this egg. Bright white! Wow. Deviled eggs here I come.
smile.png

if you own a veggie steamer (basket pot & lid) Boil water and place eggs in basket, after water boils, steam for about 20- 22 minutes.
Run eggs under cold water to stop cooking process and peel.

Back
Top Bottom