I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

When people feed them it creates an unnatural balance. ... more move in because of the extra food creating problems. A place that can naturally sustain a few coons now has many times that amount and I, along others, don't appreciate it. My neighbor got sick of all the coons around us and trapped 27 one summer. In his driveway. Don't feed wild animals. It forces others to take care of a problem you created.

Yeah...I agree with the free ranging of the chickens too Shellz. I do the same thing almost all year long. Got 10 acres and they stay pretty protected between our lower fenced goat pasture and our house on the bottom 5 acres. Got three dogs that patrol and they keep a good lookout. To each their own with how they deal with predators. We are pretty lucky to have an abundance of wildlife for the viewing right outside our windows. Living on a mountain top in Idaho...we are in God's Country up here :)

Chicken 'n goat palace.

View from upper property.

View from my diningroom window.

My morning sunrise view from diningroom window.

View from our shop.

Snow White and her chicks :)

Baby...showing her chicks how to eat and drink :)

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
I understand our need to protect the flock, but a more humane approach would be to build and maintain a safe coop for our chickens. Altering the world around our coop would be a never ending task. The Raccoon and other predators are just doing their job and what comes naturally. The Universe has a balance we cannot alter what is around us but we can take control and fix our inability to keep our flock safe. Build a predator proof coop and allow nature to be <3 Just sayin'. Off to put locks on the coop doors and wire over the windows better safe than sorry!

The varmints slacked up for a week or more(must have been on summer vacation). Now two nights in a row I have had a customer at the Duke's DP Cafe. Tuesday night was a smallish coon and last night a rather plump possum. The possum was COVERED with ticks. So nasty that I didn't want to pick it up to toss it in the trash. While the Duke's DP Cafe is popular, but I don't get many returning clientele...
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Congrats!! I've read alot of good things about those duke traps. Much better for coons than live traps.
If you're gonna kill it, you gotta handle the body, unless you can get someone else to do it.
Not sure how you'd dispose of the corpse in the city, I'm lucky as I can just dump it out in the woods to feed something else.

Last edited:
good to see the dukes traps are getting it done for you! i've looked into them but my live trap is the ticket i caught a coon last week... sneeky buggers

Back
Top Bottom