I come to random ramblings sad tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not so bad. Get some good clippers. Good ones not the cheap stuff that pulls on the hair like mine,lol. I just buzz ds now. My first set of clippers were torture for the poor kid.

I am not a big Dr. Phil watcher but I really believe in something he says," It takes a 100 atta boy's to make up for ONE negavtive comment."

When we are angry about something(even some minor traffic annoyance) we go home and say something snide to our loved ones. We have to learn to control that. To leave
that stuff at the door. It is not fair to ream someone we love *a new one* (if ya know what I mean) and then say," Sorry I had a bad day."

Comes to a point where that sorry just isn't enough. Sorry will not take back the comments that made a child feel sad. In fact I think often we remember negative things more often than the good stuff.Unfortunately I remember the bad stuff more!

Talk to your dh and tell him he really needs to leave it at the door.Take a deep breath and walk in the house with a smile.Look interested in that drawing or 5yo's creation even if all you want to do is crash out on the bed or tune out in front of the tv.

Hugs for you,for ds,and for dh.

Ds is a cutie!

It is sad for you that that happened.
When we love someone it is easy to make excuses and to gloss over things.
You don;t deserve to be treated that way and neither does your lovely lad. Please talk to your DH and tell him how much he is hurting you when he does this. How much he is damaging the relationship with his child and longterm how much that will impact on how his son behaves as a man and relates to his own children, years from now.
This kind of reaction will also affect your DH too in his health mentally and physically. It can lead to high blood pressure, heart problems and depression in the future. So it is for his benifit as well as everyone elses that he gets to grips with his anger management skills.

I have always cut my childrens hair - I have 3 boys and one girl. I have NEVER once took them to a salon. I also cut DHs hair too ( So he isn;t left out!!!) I am not a trained stylist - If I made a mistake I just buzzed it all off if they were boys because it kind of looks like you meant for it to be like that!!!! - Also I thought the little girl in the pic was lovely and the short fringe - nothing a nice thick pink hairband wouldn;t cure for a while!!!!!
lol.png

OH - I remember when I was about 17yrs old and I was complining that my fringe was in my eyes. ( MY DH who was 24 then) Leaned over grabed my fringe and cut it off right up to the root!! I hated him for weeks until it grew back!!! I still married him though and we have been together for 26 yrs!!!!! I think it was kind of a defining moment in our relationship!!!! Now we laugh at it. DH also tried to cut the kids hair - I ended up just mowing it all off!!! It was fun - never did hurt the kids growing up and even now when they are short of cash they all come home to mum and dad to get their hair cut and they are all grown up 22 - 26yrs old now. ( You think they would know better by now!!!)
lol.png

Oesdog -
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I have always cut my DH and 2 DD's and 2 DS's hair. Nothing fancy but it was a way to save money and if your son lets you cut his hair save the trauma of a barber. I am sorry you DH acted like that. even if he had a bad day those hurtful words will never heal completely.
hugs.gif
tell if he is that upset take a drive or walk before he gets home. I hope your son is okay today. Good luck.

Quote:
teehee

Once when my DH said something on the nasty side - I got peeved but didn't show it, so I took the extra remote control thing and wandered into the kitchen (perfect view into the family room where he plunks down in front of the TV) and ramdomly clicked off the TV. He couldn't figure it out!
lol.png
Finally I just got the giggles from getting away with it..........we both had a good laugh.

Sorry it had to be that way for your son to be scared and everything........DH had a bad day? It only made you & your son have a bad day. Hope everything's OK now.
hugs.gif

I won't touch the husband subject cause my husband says I can be scary when mad. Soooo what we do with our 3 year old who is the same way is... we have 2 chairs set out in the yard. One for daddy and one for my Connor. First mommy cuts daddies hair. Con holds daddy's hand so daddy is not scared. Then I do Con's hair and daddy holds his hand. Its the only way he will allow his hair to be cut without making himself sick. My advice. Look for tips online about cutting hair and get a good trimming set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom