I got a puppy! The 1st one in 16 yrs!** New pics! post 53**

She's beautiful!!! Congrats on the new puppy! Can't wait to see more pictures of her as she grows!
hugs.gif

Lisa,
I did not take your post as negative.
wink.png
I have been around the "bad rep" dogs too. Pitt's, rots, and chows. But the one I ALWAYS get bit by.......a flippin Yorkie.
smack.gif
I can't handle little dogs that bit. And the owners allow it.
somad.gif
I do not allow Bella to even play bite with us. Which is very hard to do seeings how she is a teething puppy!
lol.png
She has a wal-mart bag full of chew toys donated from my mom.
smile.png
Thank you to all the well wishers!
thumbsup.gif
I do appreciate it.
big_smile.png
I will continue to post pics of her growth development!
wee.gif
Thanks again guys!

I did not mean my post to sound negative and I don't know if it did or not but wanted to apologize in case it did. All I know is we should start a club for those of us who own dogs who couldn't get an apartment to save our lives if we DIDN'T have farm animals. I own 2 dobies and renting ANYTHING is out of the question . . . big mean dogs . . . who hide from 1 lb cats . . . yup

I love interacting with all the wolf mix dogs we get in at the vet I work at, they are simply stunning dogs!! And I hear you on the getting bit thing, in my 8 years as a vet tech only thing I have ever been bit by was a half dead old ancient 2 lb Pomeranian . . . that I had scruffed to boot ! Nailed my finger while I was trying to give it its heart meds. . . told it fine, if it wanted to die, it didn't have to take its heart meds but it wasn't my fault. . . I tried . . . . No glory in getting bit by a 2lb dog . . .

She's gorgeous! Congrats on your new puppy! 16 years is a long wait, but it does show that with the good Lord, delay is not denial.

I hope your new baby brings you many many happy blessings.
smile.png

jywel417
My friend has 2 Pitts. They are so sweet. But she HAS to have up a beware of dog sign because of them.
hmm.png
It is her beagle that will rip your ankles off. I love dobermans!
love.gif
I think they stunning dogs. sigh........I would love to have one.
love.gif

I can take constructive criticism and helpful advice I am always welcome to.
smile.png
There is a big difference in attacking and helping. I spoke with BCY member Spires6 and she told me about hers that she had. She said she loved her dog but would never have another hybrid again. She could not get her to not kill her poultry.
hmm.png
I had originally planned to put Bella outside but now after talking with Spires6 I think I should keep her in to keep an eye on her. Time will tell with that. She is doing great with potty training. I have been taking her out all the time and giving her a snack every time she goes.
big_smile.png

sweetshoplady
Thank you so much! I was a very long wait but, the Lord did answer my long awaited prayer. I am so thankful for my little Bella. There are not too many who would wait so long. I had to wait for the Lord to work his ways on my DH. He is the one who did not want a dog. But after years of prayer......well I have Bella!!!!!
wee.gif

HPIM7940.jpg

Last edited:
She is adorable! I love the shepard look...I bet she'll be awesome when she grows up!

I think any dog can be a wonderful dog with a good structured life. I also think any dog can be turned into a bad dog through lack of discipline and structure. Just because this dog is supposed to have wolf in it doesn't mean it won't completely submit to an alpha owner. Wolves in the wild live extremely disciplined lives.

My best advice for ANY dog owner is to read up on wild dog behavior. I really think this gives insight on training, whether its for a dog, a horse, or a bird. I think a major problem as far as training goes is that people try to train animals as if they were people. If we trained animals as if they were animals, there wouldn't be such a gap in understanding between the animal and you.

Haha, enough of my rambling. I have an australian cattle dog that I would trust less around other people and children than I would that dog in the pictures! Doesn't make him a bad dog...it just means we have to be extra responsible owners!

chickerdoodle13
Well said!
clap.gif
kudos to you. We need to treat our dogs as dogs. Bella is my pet. I am not her pet. I really have issues with people who let their dogs eat at the table or worse walk on the table!! (My MIL does this) They need to know who's the boss.
wink.png
My sister has an Australian Shepard and he just can not be trusted. He now has to stay in a kennel 24/7. So sad. He got away with running where he went and doing what he wanted and then he decided to bite. Well, how do you discipline him now? So in the kennel he went. It is great to know that there are still lots of responsible dog owners out there.
thumbsup.gif

Well, if you start teaching her now that they aren't snacks maybe it will help
hmm.png
It is hard to tell when prey drive will be dominant over trainign tho
hmm.png
my dobergirls so far have a healthy respect for the chickens, they want to bathe them until they squak too much
smile.png

The lady you got her from might be mistaken about the mix. Among novice horse people, lots will tell you that their horse is 16'2"hh (sixteen-two-hands high. This MEANS that they measure 5'6" at the shoulder and are pretty tall. Then, you go to look at their...pony

I'm am sure that you will enjoy your puppy and train her well.

Oh, MAN.....she is SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO CCCUUUUTTE:love
(couldn't help it--I love puppies)

Your Vet should be able to confirm her lineage by her bone structure. Wolves have a different bone structure from the domesticated dog and the wolf bones will probably dominate.

IF, she is mostly GS, I am sssooooo jealous. I STILL miss my GS/Collie cross, who died last year:hit
....at age 10 (life is SO unfair.)
hit.gif

P. S. Don't tell my dogs, Rose and Pyma that I wrote this. Rose will be offended and Pyg will cry.

Back
Top Bottom