I got these from my uncle and I need positive reinforcement

Kovalciks Chickens

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Richmond, Michigan
Okay I believe this is a Sumatra pullet but she has a single comb.
39923_img_6240.jpg

39923_img_6223.jpg

This is a Auracauna pullet i believe
39923_img_6228.jpg

Here they are together
39923_img_6243.jpg

Are they what I have described or are they something different. Im mainly concerned about the Sumatra...if it is

I'm not an expert about sumatras but it looks to me like you have an australorp mix and a very beautiful EE (easter egger). How old are they? Maybe someone who knows more about sumatras will be able to help with the first one. The second one is an EE for sure.

Black one looks like a sumatra but they shouldn't have single combs
hu.gif

your "Auracauna" is an Easter egger, a cross bred from Araucanas.
But on the up side they both look like pullets
thumbsup.gif

I don't have any pic's of my 2 bantam sumatra hen's yet will try to get some tomm.But she look's like mine.The standard should look same though just smaller.They have short comb's and wattle's both hen's and roo's.I used to have the Standard's.The other hen is nice looking too. Here is a good BING link to compare photo's of Sumatra's.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sumatra+chickens&FORM=IGRE&qpvt=sumatra+chickens#

Yes, but my Australorp had very small comb and wattles at 4 weeks too... They look older than 4 weeks to me though. Either way, I don't think she looks like a pure Australorp but it's possible it could be a sumatra/australorp mix? The eyes and head look aussie to me. Honestly, she could be mixed with anything. Unless you get your birds from a breeder or hatch your own eggs (or eggs from a knowledgeable BYC-er) you can't really be sure you get pure breeds. They definitely look like lovely girls though and will give you delicious eggs!

Back
Top Bottom